Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3267 Post(s)

Default From The Athletic: Standout prospects at the World Junior camps

Philip Broberg, D, Edmonton/Tobias Bjornfot, D, Los Angeles
    The Broberg-Bjornfot pair came together toward the second half of the tournament and was excellent. Broberg was arguably the best defenseman at the camp, making a ton of plays with his skating and skill particularly off the rush. His first game he had a rough couple of turnovers in bad spots, but the rest of the way his play was very strong. Bjornfot was his typical not flashy self, but with his great skating and brain he made stops and enough offensive plays to help drive play. This could be a possible pairing at the tournament in December.

Arthur Kaliyev, RW, Los Angeles
    Kaliyev didn’t have the highlight reel plays of Caufield in the tournament, but like Caufield, Kaliyev created a lot of offense and was one of USA’s better offensive players. He’s got his bullet shot, which led to one goal, but he had a ton of other chances as a product of his skill and sense. He showed how well he can move the puck around the offensive zone. His skating looked very average at this pace, but he did show he can keep up.
    https://theathletic.com/1115947/2019...-junior-camps/

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)

All redacted, what is this, the Warren Report?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Kaliyev looked to me like the guy mentioned in the Wheeler scouting reports. He definitely has a knack for finding the soft spot in the offensive zone and getting off his shot. But he can be frustrating to watch on the defensive side of the puck. He reminds me a lot of Ovechkin and others where they are not battling to get the puck back as much as setting themselves up for a nice breakout.

Other note: Corey did not have Aidan Dudas making Team Canada. Which I kind of understand when you see the names on the roster but Dudas had a nose for being in the right place over and over and over.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Pronman did not mention Turcotte in the article. I think that's because his play was classic Turcotte. Smooth, hard-working, wins face-offs, solid defensively...he does everything he is supposed to at top-notch effort and high-speed. I agree with a poster in another thread that Turcotte does not shoot enough (a little too Kopitar-like criticism...makes me a little nervous). He sure is fun to watch.

I was not at all impressed with Dach after that first game. What do others think of Dach's play in that tournament? Maybe I missed something(s).

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    All redacted, what is this, the Warren Report?
    The part about Kaliyev meddling in our elections was definitely redacted.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

Fagemo had 4 goals!

Final tournament scoring HERE:
    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/stats/...s&tool=3777353