3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Default Off season Thread.

Definitely would like to see a better season than last. I'm happy with the team the Kings have together right now.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1687 Post(s)

When you say, "better season", what exactly are you expecting?

MambyPamby land SWAT team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

I'm ready to stomach another season in the toilet. 2020 draft is to be special. Hopefully we can win at loosing and get top 3 pick. Work the last 3 years of young lings into the system with 2020 goldmine. In three years ready to compete for playoffs when Kopidor and Doughty solidify the 3rd line and 3rd paring and Brown gone. Year 4 and 5 ready for getting past second round and Quicks LTIR is over.. 2026 cup is ours!!!

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3583 Post(s)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtweazle View Post
    I'm ready to stomach another season in the toilet. 2020 draft is to be special. Hopefully we can win at loosing and get top 3 pick. Work the last 3 years of young lings into the system with 2020 goldmine. In three years ready to compete for playoffs when Kopidor and Doughty solidify the 3rd line and 3rd paring and Brown gone. Year 4 and 5 ready for getting past second round and Quicks LTIR is over.. 2026 cup is ours!!!

IN view of how strong the 2020 draft is supposed to be, I'm okay with another tough season also. I just hope the Kings can find a way to acquire another 1st.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    417 Post(s)

The path to a high draft pick this season is going to be far more complicated than it was last season. It's not going to be show up, suck, get pick. More like, show up, enjoy bounce back from good players and legitimate coach for a few months, then hope Blake has the discipline to do what needs to be done at the trade deadline.

I don't see all these veterans continuing to suck this year, unless their wish is to retire. If Carter, Kovalchuk, Quick, Kopitar, Toffoli, and Doughty are at all motivated to show up and redeem themselves, the team should be squarely in the black hole in late January. At that point, it becomes the true test of Blake's vision. As obvious as it seems which path is right, it won't be easy for him to pull the trigger on some of these guys while they're having bounce back years. But that is the best chance he'll have to do it.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    The path to a high draft pick this season is going to be far more complicated than it was last season. It's not going to be show up, suck, get pick. More like, show up, enjoy bounce back from good players and legitimate coach for a few months, then hope Blake has the discipline to do what needs to be done at the trade deadline.

I don't see all these veterans continuing to suck this year, unless their wish is to retire. If Carter, Kovalchuk, Quick, Kopitar, Toffoli, and Doughty are at all motivated to show up and redeem themselves, the team should be squarely in the black hole in late January. At that point, it becomes the true test of Blake's vision. As obvious as it seems which path is right, it won't be easy for him to pull the trigger on some of these guys while they're having bounce back years. But that is the best chance he'll have to do it.
    Quick should have been traded last year. His value keeps going down with each passing day. He still could go to CBJ (sometime) who are still in need of a goalie

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    IN view of how strong the 2020 draft is supposed to be, I'm okay with another tough season also. I just hope the Kings can find a way to acquire another 1st.
    We could kill 2 birds with one stone by trading Campbell and another prospect for a 1st rounder.

If we keep Campbell, he will break our hearts by stealing a bunch of games and
    hurting our draft status.

The NY Rangers (or other club?) might really need a good goalie to solidify their chances at
    making some cup runs in the coming few years, as they want to do. Lundquist is 37, I believe.
    Campbell would be ideal.

I'd do Campbell, and either Brickley or Clague for the Rangers' 1st.

But we'd better do it THIS SUMMER, as 1st rounders will get super hard to come by
    as we get closer to that draft.

Another
    Groom Kovy for trade later this season by trying
    to get him in a groove (on the PP, esp).

If Kovy gets on a 30+ goal pace by Feb, he will definitely be tradeable (NJ?). If we pay part of his salary,
    that will help grease the wheels. He won't get us a 1st rounder, but a 2nd rounder would be nice.
    And if guys like Kupari, JAD and Prokorkhin are coming along really well, then Amadio will be
    expendable, as will ofcourse, Martinez.
    A nice package to a cup contender looking for reinforcement
    might be enough inducement to get us a 1st, or at least a 2nd and 3rd.

JMO.
    Last edited by triplcrown; August 10th, 2019 at 01:57 AM.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    417 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
    We could kill 2 birds with one stone by trading Campbell and another prospect for a 1st rounder.

If we keep Campbell, he will break our hearts by stealing a bunch of games and
    hurting our draft status.

The NY Rangers (or other club?) might really need a good goalie to solidify their chances at
    making some cup runs in the coming few years, as they want to do. Lundquist is 37, I believe.
    Campbell would be ideal.

I'd do Campbell, and either Brickley or Clague for the Rangers' 1st.

But we'd better do it THIS SUMMER, as 1st rounders will get super hard to come by
    as we get closer to that draft.

Another
    Groom Kovy for trade later this season by trying
    to get him in a groove (on the PP, esp).

If Kovy gets on a 30+ goal pace by Feb, he will definitely be tradeable (NJ?). If we pay part of his salary,
    that will help grease the wheels. He won't get us a 1st rounder, but a 2nd rounder would be nice.
    And if guys like Kupari, JAD and Prokorkhin are coming along really well, then Amadio will be
    expendable, as will ofcourse, Martinez.
    A nice package to a cup contender looking for reinforcement
    might be enough inducement to get us a 1st, or at least a 2nd and 3rd.

JMO.
    I like the package idea, but one thing is certain - you're only getting a first back from a team who believes they are going for a Cup this season. That means prospects aren't on their shopping list. What they really want is a marquee player who will put them over the top. If the guys who fit that bill (Quick, Carter, or Kovalchuk) aren't playing like All Stars in January, you could try a package deal, but a real contender wouldn't view Clague or Amadio, or even Campbell, as a sweetener to their immediate Cup aspirations. They'd be more interested in Clifford or Toffoli as an add on.

But then, taking 2 NHL players off your hands for a pick means they will usually need to send a roster player back to you. That's right around the time they start balking at giving up a first!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)

I'll put this here , PHR Salary Cap "Deep Dive" for anyone interested

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019...les-kings.html
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison