Thread: 74.5 Points

Any head will do.
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

They actually make the playoffs but first round exit.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3583 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    Wow, bookies will be lining up to take your $$$.
    **** the bookies, I'll take that action

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1786 Post(s)

My guess is 90 points.

They'll start out flat, and fall behind the eight ball.

Then around Xmas, they'll go on a mini tear, and get back into contention, like 3 points out of the playoffs by the All-Star break. Then, they'll have a better than .500 roadie during the Grammy Trip, putting themselves 2 or 3 points ahead of the #9 team. We'll all glow about how well they are doing, and that we've got a chance this year, just like 2012.

Then one of two things will happen:

Blake will trade away futures for veterans on expiring deals, and the team won't gel, and another team that tweaked their roster will go ape**** during the last 2 weeks, and we'll miss the playoffs by 3 points.

The other route is, Blake will do nothing at the deadline. He'll keep the expiring contracts (Martinez and Toffoli) instead of dealing them for futures. We'll add nothing of substance, they'll run out of gas, and even after a slight push at the end, they'll come up short by 3 points.

Either way, we wind up picking in the Black Hole, somewhere in the 10-15 pick range, and we'll lose a player we don't want to Seattle, because Blake will **** that up too.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    My guess is 90 points.

They'll start out flat, and fall behind the eight ball.

Then around Xmas, they'll go on a mini tear, and get back into contention, like 3 points out of the playoffs by the All-Star break. Then, they'll have a better than .500 roadie during the Grammy Trip, putting themselves 2 or 3 points ahead of the #9 team. We'll all glow about how well they are doing, and that we've got a chance this year, just like 2012.

Then one of two things will happen:

Blake will trade away futures for veterans on expiring deals, and the team won't gel, and another team that tweaked their roster will go ape**** during the last 2 weeks, and we'll miss the playoffs by 3 points.

The other route is, Blake will do nothing at the deadline. He'll keep the expiring contracts (Martinez and Toffoli) instead of dealing them for futures. We'll add nothing of substance, they'll run out of gas, and even after a slight push at the end, they'll come up short by 3 points.

Either way, we wind up picking in the Black Hole, somewhere in the 10-15 pick range, and we'll lose a player we don't want to Seattle, because Blake will **** that up too.

Bird, the monkey and I have a question: How will the Kings be obtaining these 90 points/wins in your mind's eye, offensively or defensively? Because, not me, but the monkey kind of has an issue with both answers.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    787 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post

Bird, the monkey and I have a question: How will the Kings be obtaining these 90 points/wins in your mind's eye, offensively or defensively? Because, not me, but the monkey kind of has an issue with both answers.
    If we get 90 points, It will be due to an unexpected gelling of young talents coupled with opponents coming in unprepared/arrogant against bottom feeders.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4086 Post(s)

Under. This still isn't a good or even a black hole team. Defense, bottom 6 and Quick are huge question marks and leadership continues to be a void. Please be sellers. One more terrible year should guaranty another good draft for Blake. Kings could actually have a chance at becoming competitive in 20/21 when the kids begin to take over this ragtag roster.
    Last edited by VCRW; August 14th, 2019 at 01:19 AM.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

Well, V, keep hope alive. I was going to write about how Coach McLellan will be in for a bit of a culture shock going from a McJesus driven offense to..and I could not even think of our biggest offensive weapon/threat to make the comparison. Granted, I don't have the vision of others but still it feels like a four-way tie of we-don't-have-one. It should be a gimme, right?

Frolov is only a year older that Ilya, (baby come back?) that PTO would make us all smile. =)

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2334 Post(s)

It might seem self defeatist, but I would rather be a fan of a team that ends up with less than 70 points, that one for a team that ends up with a point total that is in the Top 5 of all time and gets bounced in the first round.

Lol on the Lightning.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)

Over...79 points...

Cause Mitchrock said so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

under. I will not get my hopes up with this team. Same issues the last 4 years and it is only getting worse. Anything better would be a benediction. Trade deadline could be fun.