2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Default 75 min to Vegas??

this will sure be nice. Youll be able to watch a game in vegas and return the same day.

https://www.10news.com/news/high-spe..._2HpLR7D42S_Os

"There's real alignment in what the community needs from that stadium and what The Raiders need from that stadium," Hill says.

Hill also says the Vegas Golden Knights, Las Vegas Aces, and other minor league teams could also have a positive impact.
    High-speed train from Las Vegas to Southern California back on track, construction set for 2020

Muffisher
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

1.5 hours to get to Victorville. Then a hour and 15 minute ride to Vegas. Not including wait for train to arrive. Almost the same amount of time driving. Note: Net positive is the drinking starts in Victorville.

Driving to vegas is 3.5-4 hours without traffic.

More options the better...

We Are All Champions x2!!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

The rail line is currently trying to find the money to pay the price tag of more than $4 billion.

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    543 Post(s)

A Raider train to Las Vegas...sounds safe.

Your conductor:

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2183 Post(s)

Vaporware.

The "proposed" Florida high speed lines are "estimating" ticket prices from Miami to W. Palm Beach at $30...the distance is about 70 miles.

The "proposed' Vegas run is 185 miles (nearly 3 times as long of a distance as Florida)....if you assume a near triple price increase, the fair is going to be near $80-90......and of course you have to get to Victorville in the first place to get on board.

To fly to Vegas it's $60 - $100 fair. Train will take you another 30 mintues for more than likely a higher cost.

Sounds like a money pit project.

I doubt the ridership is there to support the line anyway, and having to drive to Victorville in the first place versus driving to LAX or Burbank....umm yea.

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    To fly to Vegas it's $60 - $100 fair. Train will take you another 30 mintues for more than likely a higher cost. I doubt the ridership is there to support the line anyway, and having to drive to Victorville in the first place versus driving to LAX or Burbank....umm yea.
    I assume that if they build it, support shuttles will pop up to get you to Victorville. One thing though. Flying takes a lot more time than just the flight. In the West Valley it takes an hour to get to Burbank, and I usually have to get there up to two hours early with long checkin these days. I assume that ubering from the airport or ubering from the super-train will be about the same in time and cost. LAX can be even longer. And it takes that same time to fly home. From my front door it's faster to drive than fly (although we always take the longer scenic route), and it's much cheaper.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3616 Post(s)

Trains really are convenient, until the security gets as bad as airports

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    573 Post(s)

Stupid idea aside from stealing more tax dollars from stupid, willing victims.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    I assume that if they build it, support shuttles will pop up to get you to Victorville. One thing though. Flying takes a lot more time than just the flight. In the West Valley it takes an hour to get to Burbank, and I usually have to get there up to two hours early with long checkin these days. I assume that ubering from the airport or ubering from the super-train will be about the same in time and cost. LAX can be even longer. And it takes that same time to fly home. From my front door it's faster to drive than fly (although we always take the longer scenic route), and it's much cheaper.
    Don’t you have to factor the same time from the Valley to Victorville? Living in the IE it’s much quicker and safer driving to ONT and much quicker to check in and fly than going up a mountain to Victorville with the big rigs swaying and people afraid to step a little harder on the gas because of the incline.

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfan626 View Post
    Don’t you have to factor the same time from the Valley to Victorville? Living in the IE it’s much quicker and safer driving to ONT and much quicker to check in and fly than going up a mountain to Victorville with the big rigs swaying and people afraid to step a little harder on the gas because of the incline.
    Ontario airport says on a flight to Vegas you should check in about 1.5 hours before your flight. Longer if you check bags. Burbank is the same. I was mentioning shuttles because it was written that they could start drinking once you get to Victorville... with a shuttle you could drink earlier. As for time saving, it takes me 4:30 minutes to get to Vegas Strip by car. I can bring all kinds of luggage and snacks and booze. If I bring that same stuff for an airflight I 'd have to check bags. For Burbank its 50 minutes to the airport, 1.5 hours early, 1 hour flight (pray it's ontime), land, wait for bags, uber to hotel. That's probably over 4 hours. With the super train I'll bet baggage and checkin is way faster since they aren't worrying as much about blowing up at 30,000 feet. 1:40 minutes to Victorville, maybe 30-45 minutes early, no taxing time so 75 minutes to Vegas, a few minutes for bags, uber to hotel. Probably close to but just under 4 hours? Trouble is from Victorville it's only 185 miles to vegas.... that's 155 minutes vs 75 minutes by supertrain. For one person, it's worth flying or supertrain. With parking costs now at hotels it's cheaper to uber to the strip. For two it's much cheaper to drive and only takes about 1/2 hour longer than air or supertrain. Plus we can drive back through Red Rock Canyon (which we always do), go wine tasting near Pahrump, drive up and have lunch in the snow at Mt Charleston, or take a relaxing boat cruise near Boulder Dam.