Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4112 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Good time, met Blake and he was nice enough to shake hands and take a pic with me.
    Rob is a very intelligent, articulate man. At training camps, he was always generous with his time when he was Asst. GM and I found his hockey insights to be right on.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    609 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Speaking of Blake, this little gem totally flew under my radar last season when Kovy didn't travel with the team:

Kovalchuk. Working on his skills. With Craig Johnson. Coincidentally, right around the same time LeBron James didn't travel with the Lakers to work on his dunk with development/skills coach Stephen Hawking.

https://theathletic.com/887911/2019/...might-be-over/
    Hate to be a neckbeard but...

Exhibit A: http://lakingsinsider.com/2019/03/25...ff-on-tkachuk/

Exhibit B: Hawking died at his home in Cambridge, England, on 14 March 2018, at the age of 76.

March 25, 2019 is the date of the article about Kovy and Steve died the year prior, so the logic of your joke is a bit of sticking point for me. *smile* The lurking I've done in Reddit's Freefolk is doing wonders for my anti-social behavior. *muwah*

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3294 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Hate to be a neckbeard but...

Exhibit A: http://lakingsinsider.com/2019/03/25...ff-on-tkachuk/

Exhibit B: Hawking died at his home in Cambridge, England, on 14 March 2018, at the age of 76.

March 25, 2019 is the date of the article about Kovy and Steve died the year prior, so the logic of your joke is a bit of sticking point for me. *smile* The lurking I've done in Reddit's Freefolk is doing wonders for my anti-social behavior. *muwah*
    I'm disappointed that you would think I did not know he was already dead. If you know he was dead at the time, the joke still works. It's just... a lot darker.

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

Really is Shaq is all you need in the joke.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)

So..

Carter is going to just barely beat Mario as last man sent to Ontario, isn't he?

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    609 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I'm disappointed that you would think I did not know he was already dead. If you know he was dead at the time, the joke still works. It's just... a lot darker.
    heh. Fair. I was being a total pillbug, my fault. You can tell as many British quad-ghost jokes as you want to tell and really I totally buried the lead: Craig Johnson was underlined for gawd's sake.

My penance: happy-go-luck posts for the rest of the week.

Starting now:
    Ben Hutton- thick thighs, great smile and from what I've read from Canucks fans' it was his d partner that was the key factor in his (ugly) minus stat. Preach!

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Why is this team signing journeymen defensemen rather than letting their youth play (e.g., Anderson & Bjornfort look great). Do they really think this squad has a shot??
    Thought the plan was one more top 5 pick...

I am so excited when I look at the youth stockpiling on this team...never seen it before.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych3man View Post
    Why is this team signing journeymen defensemen rather than letting their youth play (e.g., Anderson & Bjornfort look great). Do they really think this squad has a shot??

I am so excited when I look at the youth stockpiling on this team...never seen it before.
    That is the million dollar question. My guess is they can see as well as we can that some of these kids would be an improvement over the vets already, but they would rather bring them along at a healthy pace in the minors, free from the remaining bad culture influences, and growing together as a future core. Plus, the team is likely to be pretty bad with the veterans, so the plan for a top 5 pick is still very much intact.

It's been clear as day, McLellan has spoken glowingly of the kids while saying the veterans were rusty and unprepared - "now we have evidence" - as much as I'd like to see JAD and Mikey Anderson and Clague this season, I don't think it's a bad move to have them create their own culture in Ontario first.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1293 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych3man View Post

My speculation:
    1. We have almost no vets already due to the injuries. You can't play Doughty, Marty, and 4 kids.
    2. We're going to trade one or both of Hutton and Martinez. I like the signing, especially if we flip him for a middle round pick in the spring.
    3. Let the kids play together in Ontario. Until Blake turns over the roster some more, I am fine with the prospects gelling together and tearing up the AHL.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    My speculation:
    1. We have almost no vets already due to the injuries. You can't play Doughty, Marty, and 4 kids.
    2. We're going to trade one or both of Hutton and Martinez. I like the signing, especially if we flip him for a middle round pick in the spring.
    3. Let the kids play together in Ontario. Until Blake turns over the roster some more, I am fine with the prospects gelling together and tearing up the AHL.
    Agree with point #2 . Plus, I don't see Forbort or LaDue being around a year from now. Or Ryan.