Quoted
    2991 Post(s)

Default ***LA Kings @ Vancouver Canucks GDT 10/9/19 7:00pm on NBCSN***

Official Game Day Thread

Game #3/82 -- 10/09/19

Los Angeles Kings @ Vancouver Canucks

Rogers Arena | Vancouver, BC

Itís the Canucksí 50th Anniversary Home Opener
    This is from their website (I edited it to just the fun/funny stuff)

CANUCKS FANS PREGAME ITINERARY FOR THE HOME OPENER, PRESENTED BY TD:
    WAKE UP - Show your colours. Put on your favourite Canucks jersey. Wear it to work, school, or wherever.
    5:00 PM - Party on the Plaza. Go early to join the festive pregame atmosphere on the Toyota Plaza with live music, alumni autographs, face painting stations, fan activations and more.
    5:30 PM - Doors open at Rogers Arena.
    6:00 PM - Buy your 50/50 super jackpot tickets. The jackpot is estimated to reach $800,000!
    6:15 PM - Watch the pregame show at Rogers Arena with live music from AC/DC tribute band BC/DC (ps: they will be rocking AC/DC songs all night).
    6:30 PM - Warm-up begins, music gets loud, fans bang on the glass.
    6:40 PM - Be seated! Text friends if they are late. Fans should plan ahead and be in their seats by 6:40PM to witness the full 50th Season pregame ceremonies.
    ē Grab your Canucks 50th season commemorative keepsake from your seat. Every single fan will receive the keepsake, courtesy of TD
    6:55 PM - Cheer during player introductions.
    7:00 PM - Be amazed at the new on-ice projection system, lighting and sound.
    7:03 PM - LA Kings take the ice. Boo loudly.
    7:05 PM - Witness the captaincy ceremony. The 14th captain in franchise history will be unveiled in a special pregame ceremony.
    7:09 PM - Sing O Canada with Mark Donnelly
    7:13 PM - Puck drop.

Last Seasonís Meetings:

03/28/19 ó Kings 2 Canucks 3 (SO)
    02/14/19 ó Canucks 4, Kings 3 (SO)
    11/27/18 ó Kings 2, Canucks 1 (OT)
    11/24/18 ó Canucks 4, Kings 2

GAME TIME **7:00PM on NBCSN**

TV:**NBCSN**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

McLellan, Doughty, Campbell, Lizotte 10-08 Postgame Quotes

Read more quotes and articles at Jon Rosen's Blog here

Todd McLellan, on the win:
    It was a tremendous effort, a great start and a tough building to play in, and we needed that. It healed the wounds of the Edmonton game, I thought, really quick. It gave us some confidence in the building. Theyíre a good team. They ended up in first last year in the division for a reason and they pushed back, yet we had some resolve to continue on and find a way to win it.
    McLellan, on the Doughty-Tkachuk rivalry:
    Well, for our team, itís really important. We needed a win, we needed to get rewarded for some of the things that we were doing well, and we didnít get that in Edmonton. We got it here tonight and we have something to build on now. Different players came in and had an effect on the game. Players that had weaker nights in Edmonton had much better nights here, and thatís a sign of growth. We started the season by starting the season that everybody has to grow. Whether youíre 35 years old or whether youíre 20 years old, you have to find a way to grow. We did that tonight, we enjoy it on the plane, we park it, and get ready for tomorrow.
    McLellan, on going back frequently to Matt Roy after a difficult first game:
    Thatís where weíre at as a team. As a coaching staff, weíre still trying to figure players out. To jump the gun a little too quick on them isnít fair. We have to show a little belief in the players that they can recover, and Matty probably didnít have the game he wanted in Edmonton, but he showed up tonight, really positive impact on the outcome here.

Drew Doughty, on an emotional end to the game:
    I mean, as much as I love getting booed every time I touch the puck, you kind of want to shove it in their faces, and before that overtime started I know I had a great opportunity, and I was like, Ďevery time I get that puck, Iím ripping it,í and Kopi made a great pass. It was a lucky shot. It hit their stick, it went top corner, but luck comes to good people, I guess, and good teams.
    Doughty, on what happened after a dominant first period:
    I donít know, we stopped making plays, we started sitting back, we started high-flipping pucks out of the zone, we started just chipping it back to their D-men when we were exiting our zone and stopped making tape-to-tape plays. When you do that against good teams, especially a team like Calgary, theyíre going to come back and tie up the game.
    Doughty, on Jack Campbell hanging in without getting a ton of early work:
    Yeah, you always hear guys talk about Ďwhoís the hardest working guy,í and that guyís the hardest working guy. You should see him after practice. Heís as red as a tomato and can barely move. He works his bag off, heís a really good pro, a great person and a great goalie. He played great for us tonight.
    Doughty, on getting ďa little bit runĒ in the game:
    Yeah, they were hitting me late, too, a lot. Whatever, itís part of the game. It just makes me play better, so keep hitting me.

Jack Campbell, on a strange game without much action:
    I never make excuses, but that was hard. Just a little rusty. I was hoping to see some pucks early, but you know what? Iím never going to complain when the teamís playing that well, so itís just one of those things thatís a learning experience for me. I mean, Iíve just got to watch the video, think about maybe what can keep me a little sharper in the game, but you know what? Iím just happy the boys played so well, and we got a big two points. Iíll learn from my mistakes. We probably shouldíve won that game easily 3-0. Iíve just got to learn and be better next game.
    Campbell, on Doughty being a ďteam guyĒ:
    Well, I feel like the media gives him a perception, but I donít think anybody would trade that guy for anybody in the league to have on their team in this locker room. Heís just the ultimate competitor Ė I mean, what a leader he is and he shows up. The other guy played well too, but that was a good battle of two really, really good players, and actually we have a great one right here, so weíre really lucky to have him.

Blake Lizotte, on the teamís first period:
    We executed our game plan, the forecheck, especially. When weíre forechecking well and throwing pucks on net, I think we had 14 shots or something the first period. Thatís our game. Throw pucks on net, retrieve it. I thought we played with a lot of energy and executed the first period Ė that was big for us. The second period, we werenít bad in some areas, we werenít good. So, yeah, definitely clean it up as we go on, but we were really happy with our first period.
    Lizotte, on whether his first NHL assist felt good:
    Really good. Itís almost like a relief, you know? You play a couple games and you hope to get one, but itís nice to finally have it come.

Subject To Change

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries:

Derek Forbort (LTIR)

Canucks Probable Lineup
    (courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com)

FORWARDS

Former Kings

Tanner Pearson

Oscar Fantenberg

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

PLAYER/GOALIE STATS COMING NEXT GAME

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

Today's Poll Question:

How many total points will our old pals, Tanner Pearson and Oscar Fantenberg, put up tonight?

Take your best guess in your post below.

The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Poll Winners:

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 18 pim for 2 points or within +/-2 for 1 point:

18 exactly (2 points)
    05/29/93
    srm1105
    randdog
    Rusty
    beady eye
    dannybuoy1
    Krussadams

16-20 pim (1 point)
    Stormy2213
    emsomaso
    PuckMaster
    vindogla
    Butch19
    rozzy
    beedee
    Histiking
    Greg33
    hornman

Bet your karma in geogirlís KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE

Any suggestions, pics, poll questions, etc. - email me at lgknyssa42@gmail.com

Photos courtesy of nhl.com.

Now on the 1st tee...
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    507 Post(s)

Thanks Nyssa & the GDT Team!

I'll go with: A Goose Egg for the 2 ex-pats.

Tonight's opposing field general:

GKG

MambyPamby land SWAT team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Im down for nothing.. As in no points for the bad guys (ex good guys)..

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3614 Post(s)

Thank you Nyssa!

I'm going with the chalk and saying 0 points

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)

I'll say 1 lucky point

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1291 Post(s)

One point. I'm enjoying these games with lots of scoring.

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    852 Post(s)

0 points for the Kings alumni tonight.

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)

tree points

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

They will be shut out. Zero points for the pair.