1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Default Todd says some players not ready for NHL

I read an article in the sporting news where TMac in the media called out certain players that this road trip proved that some players on the team should not be playing in the NHL and certain veterans need to step it up. Well i wish he would stop talking about it and just make the adjustments. Bring the young up and coming talent up and give them the chance to prove themselves and gain NHL experience because what they have isn't good enough. I would rather watch the youngsters mature then these has bins.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgs View Post
    I read an article in the sporting news where TMac in the media called out certain players that this road trip proved that some players on the team should not be playing in the NHL and certain veterans need to step it up. Well i wish he would stop talking about it and just make the adjustments. Bring the young up and coming talent up and give them the chance to prove themselves and gain NHL experience because what they have isn't good enough. I would rather watch the youngsters mature then these has bins.
    It's like I wrote that article....

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    868 Post(s)

Yeah, that was his post-game quotes. He's not wrong...just a matter of what his actual next steps are.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2251 Post(s)

There is no need to crush these young kids at this point of their career. Ease into it and I believe Blake will do exactly that. This is going to take all five years of Tmac's contract.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1699 Post(s)

He made the comments last night, and I actually agree with the idea that he is going to need time to make proper evaluations. There's a new system being implemented and i'd have to imagine some of these guys have been playing the same **** for so long it's going to take a bit of time to leave old habits behind. And the young guys are going to be inconsistent, so you do have to spend some time playing them, making evaluations, and then confirming those evaluations with more play. So while I agree, it's time to see some action, he's right in taking time to get to this point.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    295 Post(s)

McLellan shared his opinion with the media, made his statement.

It now up to Rob Blake to take immediate action:

Waive Jeff Carter?

Tell Kovalchuk to accept a trade to Timbuktu or just stay home? Doesn't matter, Kings retain 100% either way. EITHER WAY. IDIOTS!

Trade Toffoli for... a 3rd rounder? Plus a bag of pucks if Kempe is thrown in too?

JUST GET THEM OUT OF HERE!!!

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3321 Post(s)

It's virtually the exact same thing he said two weeks ago. Not much has changed and I don't know how much CAN change given the unmovable contracts and a bunch of not-ready-for-prime time players.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2391 Post(s)

It's the other way around. Not ready? More like past due for the NHL, lol.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1379 Post(s)

Todd "Lip Service" McLellan

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)