Thread: ***Vancouver Canucks vs. LA Kings GDT 10/30/19 7:30pm on FSW***

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

I suffered through those bad years like many around here but don't remember a Kings team quite this indifferent. They would too often lose, sure, but they had an edge and were generally entertaining. This team has very little of that. Some of the faster kids will occasionally sprint up the ice, while the team in the other jerseys are methodically passing their way forward. I recall one sequence from the Kings, Martinez -> Kopitar -> Carter for the 1st goal, but no others. To top it off, the Kings march out a goalie, now well past his prime with a 5 GAA, to backstop a porous defense with only 2 NHL quality players and expect something good to happen. Sad, verging on embarrassing.

i like the kings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    That's why ALL Kings fans are happy with Deano. Period. End of Story. There is no malice toward Deano in what he built and what he achieved with 2 Cups.

He has faults, sure, but then the Luc/Rob show wasted multiple seasons making ill-fated roster moves, and blowing through 3 coaches all while duping ignorant fans into re-upping their season seats by selling "The Core and Window is still Open" Snake Oil.

....but NOW people want to trust in Luc/Rob?!?!?!? Please.

...but hey, they got that Taylor Swift banner blocked because the are "listening to what the fans really want".....right?!?!?
    2012 cup run was one of the best things I've ever been part of. 2 cups in 52 years under DL is where it's at. A team can't be Stanley Cup Winners/Contenders forever. I legit stopped watching when Sutter was let go until this year I, for some reason, decided to watch again.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4125 Post(s)

Let’s be clear. The core players quit on 3 coaches and demanded change each time. Murray, Sutter & Stevens. Blake didn’t hire any of them. The team’s deal with Stevens was made by Lombardi well before Rob was hired. Blake fulfilled the team’s promise.

Willie was hired by Blake to tank the team. Plain and simple.

I will give TMac a free pass for this season. But next season the team needs to show marked improvement.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgs View Post
    How can anyone be happy with DL. Yes he built a team that won two Cups but he directly is responsible for the very big mess this team is in with the longer high killer contracts he dished out. Quick. DD and Kopitar will be washed out and still will be drawing millions of dollars that kills this team cap wise and prevents them from signing good young talent that can actually produce in the the NHL.
    I'm sorry but what GM hasn't done that with their established players? The GMs that are not on salary hindered franchises that is.

I mean, DL got fired after winning two Cups. So how do Wilson in SJ, Poile in Nash still have jobs? What about Murray in Anahiem? There are probably a couple other GM's who still have jobs and didn't win what Dean did. To me, it was way too early to dump DL but hey....whatever...we'll see what Blake can do.

jom

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

He has faults, sure, but then the Luc/Rob show wasted multiple seasons making ill-fated roster moves, and blowing through 3 coaches all while duping ignorant fans into re-upping their season seats by selling "The Core and Window is still Open" Snake Oil.

I wouldn't get to upset with people who what to give Blake a chance. The problem is that when you change GMs it just sets you back a year or two. Sometimes a GM comes and has immediate success but most of the time it's due to what was there before. A long term approach is best, IMO. I'm not on the Luc bandwagon at all....but I don't see him having all that much say in day-to-day decisions. Although, I'd agree with you that after the last playoff year I think they made a mistake to continue with what we had. Although, admittedly I still think MOST management teams would do the same thing.

jom

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2243 Post(s)

That's why ALL Kings fans are happy with Deano. Period. End of Story. There is no malice toward Deano in what he built and what he achieved with 2 Cups.

...but hey, they got that Taylor Swift banner blocked because the are "listening to what the fans really want".....right?!?!?
    Didn't they lose a four game series just 18 months ago by the score of 7-2. That was a pretty good team Vegas team they lost against that went to the NHL final. If they score 6 more goals they win that series. I believe the Kings had a pretty good year.
    Last edited by Ice24; November 2nd, 2019 at 02:24 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    295 Post(s)

Snake oil salesmen is being kind. How's about clueless idiots: