All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1698 Post(s)

He simply can't rely on athleticism and aggressiveness alone at this point in his career and in today's NHL.
    Now, i'm not saying it can't be done, but these are literally his best attributes in net. This isn't a case of simply adjusting his position in net, it's a total change in style. There's probably a different team in the league where he could still shine, but i'm not sure he'll get the opportunity. Chances are we'll move on to a goalie who already plays a style more suited to today's game, and Quick will likely not get the chance to prove he can be effective adjusting to a new look.

Hit the net!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)

The article is not wrong, look at the goals that have gone in, he is rarely beat straight up, a lot of time he is no where near being in position to make a save on a 2nd chance or a cross-ice pass because he challenges as if he had the defense of 2012-2014 playing in front of him, which he does not. If he does not adapt and play deeper and just stay between the width 6ft. of the goal posts he will continue to get burned until he does not have a job.

I know what he is built on and I know what he was capable of, but he is either being stupid or stubborn or both by trying to still play the way that only he and the 2012-14 defense could play together...the D is not as good anymore JQ, you have to back it down a little to account for their mistakes and limit yours in the process. Sometimes JQ slides into the corner and leaves a wide open empty net, you cannot do that in this NHL.
    Last edited by Kingscup4426; November 4th, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

Turn down the suck!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingscup4426 View Post
    The article is not wrong, look at the goals that have gone in, he is rarely beat straight up, a lot of time he is no where near being in position to make a save on a 2nd chance or a cross-ice pass because he challenges as if he had the defense of 2012-2014 playing in front of him, which he does not. If he does not adapt and play deeper and just stay between the width 6ft. of the goal posts he will continue to get burned until he does not have a job.

I know what he is built on and I know what he was capable of, but he is either being stupid or stubborn or both by trying to still play the way that only he and the 2012-14 defense could play together...the D is not as good anymore JQ, you have to back it down a little to account for their mistakes and limit yours in the process. Sometimes JQ slides into the corner and leaves a wide open empty net, you cannot do that in this NHL.
    While agree with a lot of this, I think Quick is coming out challenging because the offensive player has enough time to make some Jiffy Pop in the slot before shooting. It's one thing to say from this scoring area the average is 9-19% but if you give an NHL player an extra quarter to half second, they are going bar down every time. He has had a lot of pretty goals scored on him.

The d on the team is composed of 1 real top 2 pairing and the rest are 5-6 pairing kids. It's going to be a long season.

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GunShow? View Post
    While agree with a lot of this, I think Quick is coming out challenging because the offensive player has enough time to make some Jiffy Pop in the slot before shooting. It's one thing to say from this scoring area the average is 9-19% but if you give an NHL player an extra quarter to half second, they are going bar down every time. He has had a lot of pretty goals scored on him.

The d on the team is composed of 1 real top 2 pairing and the rest are 5-6 pairing kids. It's going to be a long season.
    So true...

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2243 Post(s)

I believe Quick is just pacing himself.