Los Angeles Kings @ Ottawa Senators

Canadian Tire Centre | Ottawa, ON

Last Season’s Meetings:

01/10/19 — Senators 4, Kings 1
    10/13/18 — Kings 1, Senators 5

GAME TIME **4:30PM**

TV:**Fox Sports West**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

McLellan, Kopitar, Quick, Martinez 11-5 Postgame Quotes

Read more quotes and articles at Jon Rosen's Blog here

Todd McLellan, on his message to the team after falling behind in the third period:
    Well, we wanted to stay with some structure. We have to stay within it because if we wander from it, we saw what happened tonight. The few mistakes we made ended up in our net, and we’ve had a tendency when we’ve given up goals to get away from it. I thought the last seven or eight minutes or six minutes, whatever was left, we got back to it, but it was a little too late. The game overall, a Stanley Cup caliber opponent. Keep ‘em to 23 shots on four penalty kills. I thought we checked really well. Did what we had to do. We were juts a little short and a couple turnovers cost us.
    McLellan, on the defense registering a majority of the shots on goal:
    Well, sometimes that’s how the opponent plays. They stack the middle up so the top’s open. We did a good job of going low-to-high but we didn’t get a lot of ‘em through. We didn’t get deflections or tip-ins like we wanted to, but sometimes it’s just a mass of bodies in that area and you can’t get it through. But overall, the group played well. They played hard, and it may not have won the game tonight, but I think we did get better in some areas, so we’ll take that.
    McLellan, on sticking with the game plan and customizing it against an offensively talented team:
    Look, they’re a pretty darn good team and they’ve got some really good offensive weapons. They’re going to be in your end. It doesn’t matter if it’s the LA Kings or the St. Louis Blues. They’re going to play in your end, and it’s what you do when you’re in there. I thought we’re beginning to start now to tighten up our defensive play. We’re a little better around our net. We’re still not perfect, but when you compare what happened tonight to maybe games two or three in the regular season, we’re getting better.
    McLellan, on “sharpness” returning to Jonathan Quick’s game:
    Yep, you take a couple of the early games away, he was sharp tonight. There were some bouncing pucks that he stayed over top of. You look at the goals, Kerfoot’s goal, he’s staring at him all alone. Even the last goal, he didn’t have much of a chance on it. We played the two-on-one pretty well. A skilled player made a great play. And then the scramble, net front – you can’t figure him for a goal tonight. He did what he needed to do.

Anze Kopitar, on a solid road game for two and a half periods:
    Yeah, we were playing well, but it’s just the five minutes that bury us, and [they have] in multiple games, so you’ve got to fix it.
    Kopitar, on limiting Toronto’s top players and sticking to a game plan:
    You can build on it, but the bottom line is you lose games, and it’s not fun, at all. We’ve got to find ways to win games, that’s it.

Jonathan Quick, on whether the team’s record is hard on the veterans:
    Not for the veterans – it is for everyone. You want to win, everyone wants to win. It’s … [road apples] you guys are saying ‘veterans,’ ‘young guys.’ We’re a team. We’re all together. No one in here likes to lose. The only other people that can do something about it us. We have people that can find a way to win some more of the games.
    Quick, on having “a lot of road ahead of you” over the remainder of the season:
    We’re not looking at the road, we’re looking at one-game-at-a-time. That’s the only way you can approach this game. I’ve been lucky to play in this league for a long time. If you’re looking at the road, you’re [screwed]. We’re just focusing on one game at a time and we’ve just got to continue to get better.

Alec Martinez, on giving up goals in bunches:
    I don’t really know the reason for it. I know that it’s happened far too much this year. I would say that it probably happened five times, maybe more. You can’t afford to have lapses like that, especially against a team that you’ve got over there. They’ve got a lot of guys that if you give ‘em enough opportunities, they’re going to capitalize on ‘em. It’s not on Quickie. I think Quickie played one hell of a game. He stood on his head, he had big saves for us, and we can’t put him in a position like that.
    Martinez, on Los Angeles playing a “classic road hockey game” before allowing late goals:
    I think we had a good start, which is important in this building. I thought we had a good first period, we did a lot of good things. Second period we were kind of up-and-down a little bit. … In the third period, I thought we had a good start to that period, but you can’t afford to have lapses in this league against a team like that. You’re not going to be successful.
    Martinez, on executing the game plan against Toronto by blocking shots and forcing them wide:
    Yeah, for sure. They’ve got a lot of dynamic lines and they’ve got a lot of special talents over there. You obviously want to protect the middle of the ice, keep things to the outside. Against these guys, you’ve got to protect the middle of the ice, and they like to hit seams a lot. They’re always looking for it. That was part of the game plan. I thought for the most part we did a fairly decent job of that, but you’ve got to do it for a full 60 or you’re not going to be successful in this league.

Subject To Change

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries:

Derek Forbort (LTIR)

Senators Probable Lineup
    (courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com)

FORWARDS

***NEW KID ALERT!! - Jonathan Davidson first NHL game***

NO Former Kings

Marian Gaborik on Eternal LTIR

GOALIE COMPARISONS

PLAYER STATS

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

Today's Poll Question:

The Kings currently have the 2nd worst goal differential in the NHL at -21. Last season the Kings lost to the Senators by differentials of 4 and 3 goals. What will be the GOAL DIFFERENTIAL in tonight’s game? (goal differential is Winning Team’s Goals minus Losing Team’s Goals. OT or shootout is automatically a 1 goal differential)

Take your best guess in your post below.

The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Poll Winners:

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the former Kings would get ZERO points in the previous game:

jammer06
    VegasHockey
    cokingsfan
    JWR
    Rusty
    emsomaso
    MaxwellSmart
    DRGinLBC
    dannybuoy1
    CUP4LA
    Sevenhole
    srm1105
    AngelEyes
    kingrussell
    beedee
    beady eye
    LeftyKing
    pray4mojo
    Butch 19
    Rogie-Vachon
    waynet
    Greg33
    sonnyboy11
    notbob
    Dr. Tran
    Joe Laviguer

Poll Win Totals

***NOT UPDATED - will do by next game***

Kings Of The Mountain with 9 points:

dannybuoy1
    srm1105

8 points

AngelEyes
    beady eye
    hokiecat
    hornman
    LeftyKing

7 points

05/29/93
    Stormy2213

6 points

forum gold
    John a90
    JWR
    KHenry14
    Puckmaster
    Rusty

5 points

Butch19
    Dr. Tran
    empire
    emsomaso
    pray4mojo
    SirJW

4 points

cokingsfan
    Hockey53
    Ice24
    Krussadams
    notbob
    Rogie-Vachon
    TooCool
    VegasHockey
    vindogla

3 points

ChilledAgua
    CIrvine
    DRGinLBC
    GALLY
    Joe Laviguer
    Kurisu
    LAKingSteve
    rozzy
    sonnyboy11
    VCRW

Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE

SORRY NO PICTURES TODAY. THE NHL WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING WITH ANY OF MY BROWSERS.
    Any suggestions, pics, poll questions, etc. - email me at lgknyssa42@gmail.com

Photos courtesy of nhl.com.
    Last edited by Nyssa42; November 7th, 2019 at 03:38 PM.

Now on the 1st tee...
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    514 Post(s)

Thanks Nyssa and Jammer for these north of the border road trip GDTs!

Ill go with: A differential of 3 tonight.

Tonight's opposing field general -

TKT

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Thanks Nyssa and your minions for the GDT.I’ll go with 2 as the goal differential

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    743 Post(s)

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    857 Post(s)

Goal diff. of 2 tonight.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3635 Post(s)

Thank you Nyssa!

I will posit a difference of 2

Is this for real...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

gkg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    294 Post(s)

Let's go with a 3 goal differential

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1025 Post(s)

Tack till våra vänner Nyssa och jammer for all your endeavors put forth in bringing us the best damn GDTs in the league!

I can't buy a GDT win (or can I...winkwink), but put me down for a differential of 2 anyway.
    "SUCK MY D**K!!" -Drew Doughty, October 8th, 2019 @ CGY GWG quote.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I will predict a goal differential of 3 goals as the Kings win 5-2.