Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChilledAgua View Post
    We need that around here.

Props for the syngas reference; science terms always acceptable! I must confess that I've also occasionally gone "Full Hayward" during the telecasts. Sometimes the hissing can be the preferred alternative. When the banter in the booth starts to approach that of open-mic night at the Chuckle Hut, the mute button becomes the Kings fan's best friend. Since I DVR the games to watch them later, this technique is frequently accompanied by "Temporal Compression" to limit time wastage

Or start bringing up Lindsey f'n Ridgeway...
    Heh. That’s a tough tight rope to walk, an inch or two into obnoxious for a last place team and I’m falling to my (deserved) demise. I’d rather stay the board weirdo; know your role. Science terms do turn heads around here, Geogirl, Jammer, Kruss and yourself seem to respond well; something tells me that Luc’s marketing department is going to start to buy airtime for Kings ads during The Big Bang re-runs.

Claws: Agree to disagree. They bought a replica banner, they placed over the visitors' entrance & just like the game last night: Arizona committed. The Kings social media squad sent an emoji and a sentence even the most fair-weather fan could have composed. Dude, we're basic bs.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Heh. That’s a tough tight rope to walk, an inch or two into obnoxious for a last place team and I’m falling to my (deserved) demise. I’d rather stay the board weirdo; know your role. Science terms do turn heads around here, Geogirl, Jammer, Kruss and yourself seem to respond well; something tells me that Luc’s marketing department is going to start to buy airtime for Kings ads during The Big Bang re-runs.

Claws: Agree to disagree. They bought a replica banner, they placed over the visitors' entrance & just like the game last night: Arizona committed. The Kings social media squad sent an emoji and a sentence even the most fair-weather fan could have composed. Dude, we're basic bs.
    If the kings had won it would have been epic to steal the banner and take it on all the road games

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Props for the syngas reference; science terms always acceptable!

This PhD in clinical psych had to look up "syngas." Lol

Thank you for the education.

Not the same me
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KOPI! PEVS! View Post
    Everyone sucks but wtf is Campbell doing flopping all over the place on every goal.
    Take it easy on the kid. His lateral was a little lack luster, but the defense gave him no opportunity to play any differently. He was chasing the play because he was effectively playing against at least 7 players any time the puck was in the zone. Sometimes more.
    "If you really want some hot water, I can help you find it."

-Catch Hell Blues

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych3man View Post
    Props for the syngas reference; science terms always acceptable!

This PhD in clinical psych had to look up "syngas." Lol

Thank you for the education.
    Cards on the table: I googled what kind of gas does my stove use to make the imagery in my joke work. Synthetic gas was new to me until this morning, Psych. =)

To make things worse you revealing your Ph.D has me second guessing every dark thing I typed today. *sweating* So...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    868 Post(s)

I've already prepared myself for the Kings to suck all season but will watch games because I just like hockey and I support my team...but man, they were so incredibly boring to watch against the Yotes.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Cards on the table: I googled what kind of gas does my stove use to make the imagery in my joke work. Synthetic gas was new to me until this morning, Psych. =)

To make things worse you revealing your Ph.D has me second guessing every dark thing I typed today. *sweating* So...
    lmfao!!

No worries, Party...if you're not paying me, I'm not working.

Plus, sports is the toy department of life.

Kings fans though are again shopping in the horror toy section...

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych3man View Post
    lmfao!!

No worries, Party...if you're not paying me, I'm not working.

Plus, sports is the toy department of life.

Kings fans though are again shopping in the horror toy section...
    *Chuckling* Understood and well put.

I agree with both you and Steve about the level of play dropping below were even the most devoted fan is questioning their motives to watch. Blake was quoted that they will be solving their problems internally, hmmm…short of a significant roster move* I will not be watching this team by December.

Creative solution: guest commentator for a period in December: Bob Miller. The way Vin only did home games for the Dodgers at the end of his career or the first two innings on weekdays because he had to be home by 10pm or whatever.

*Ilya does not count.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I've already prepared myself for the Kings to suck all season but will watch games because I just like hockey and I support my team...but man, they were so incredibly boring to watch against the Yotes.
    When have they been exciting to watch in the past few years? They don't have speed or skill and play dump n chase. Not saying "every" game is boring but the odds of not seeing the Kings play boring hockey are very low.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2251 Post(s)

When the Kings beat the Oilers on Thursday night people will start losing their minds again!