Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3321 Post(s)

Default Hockey coaches/GMs acting badly

Since this stuff is coming out rapid fire now, I figure time for its own thread.

On the latest Spttin' Chiclets episode, Chelios said Babcock once harassed Johann Franzen on the bench during a game so much that Franzen had a nervous breakdown. Franzen may have been battling concussion/post-concussion symptoms at the time (and he's having a really hard time with these symptoms now that his career is over). Franzen has said that Babcock was the worst human being he'd ever met.

Avery says Mark Crawford kicked him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ch/4346640002/

And, according to a reddit post, in a French-language interview, Eric Belanger said Crawford also kicked Frolov; the two got into it, and Frolov was traded soon after. I have not seen this reported anywhere else, so big grain of salt there.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3034 Post(s)

the Swift Current Broncos (WHL) fired their head trainer/equipment manager today over "a recent pattern of demeaning and derogatory comments" https://twitter.com/SCBroncos/status...69005431140352

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3663 Post(s)

They need to have all the coaches listen to the harrowing tale of how Bud Kilmer lost his way and his legacy...

Not the same me
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Here's another article saying that Crawford was abusive to O'Sullivan which if true...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...cid=spartanntp

Here's a link to O'Sullivans tweet: https://twitter.com/realPOSULLIVAN/status/1199842693662281730
    "If you really want some hot water, I can help you find it."

-Catch Hell Blues

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3321 Post(s)

Crawford, currently an assistant coach with the Hawks, being investigated by the Hawks.

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/st...63727508041730

O'Sullivan:

I talked about his physical abuse in my book 4 years ago kicking me and others on the bench. Verbal abuse included homophobic slurs on a regular basis. I look forward to participating in your investigation.
    https://twitter.com/realposullivan/s...730064385?s=21

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1379 Post(s)

Carcillo on Sutter:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6226090/d...darryl-sutter/

Former NHL player Daniel Carcillo alleges he witnessed verbal abuse by ex-Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter during the 2013-14 season.

Carcillo, who played 12 seasons in the NHL, said he repeatedly saw Sutter berate players in front of the whole team.

“The worst coach I’ve ever had in my life,” Carcillo told Global News, who played 26 games with the Kings. “He would demean people in front of the room, in front of everyone.”

“It’s just all about embarrassing guys,” he said.

Carcillo said Sutter’s abuse wasn’t just reserved for players. He alleged that on a team flight, the coach screamed at a female flight attendant to “f–k off” and remove the food being served because the team had lost.

Daniel Carcillo

@CarBombBoom13
    Replying to @joelthesakic and 3 others
    Ya. I saw him kick someone in the lower back on the bench. What he did to Matt Greene in front of the entire room before a team meeting when he had a concussion was absurd. He told a female stewardess to “**** off” bc he wouldn’t let us eat after a bad loss.

I can keep going....

5:36 PM - Nov 26, 2019

“He said ‘they’re not eating’ because we lost a hockey game,” Carcillo said. “The flight [attendant] didn’t clear the food fast enough, for his liking, so he came back again.
    “A lot of things like that went on, you know, and I couldn’t believe that this team was the team that won the Stanley Cup the year before.”

Global News has reached out to former teammates of Carcillo but has not independently verified his allegations.

Sutter steered the Los Angeles Kings to two Stanley Cup championships and joined the Anaheim Ducks as an advisor to the coaching staff in July 2019.

Global News attempted to reach Sutter through the Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks, but did not receive a response. A spokesperson for the Anaheim Ducks declined to comment on the allegations.

Not the same me
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Carcillo on Sutter:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6226090/d...darryl-sutter/

Former NHL player Daniel Carcillo alleges he witnessed verbal abuse by ex-Los Angeles Kings head coach Darryl Sutter during the 2013-14 season.

Carcillo, who played 12 seasons in the NHL, said he repeatedly saw Sutter berate players in front of the whole team.

“The worst coach I’ve ever had in my life,” Carcillo told Global News, who played 26 games with the Kings. “He would demean people in front of the room, in front of everyone.”

“It’s just all about embarrassing guys,” he said.

Carcillo said Sutter’s abuse wasn’t just reserved for players. He alleged that on a team flight, the coach screamed at a female flight attendant to “f–k off” and remove the food being served because the team had lost.

Daniel Carcillo

@CarBombBoom13
    Replying to @joelthesakic and 3 others
    Ya. I saw him kick someone in the lower back on the bench. What he did to Matt Greene in front of the entire room before a team meeting when he had a concussion was absurd. He told a female stewardess to “**** off” bc he wouldn’t let us eat after a bad loss.

I can keep going....

5:36 PM - Nov 26, 2019

“He said ‘they’re not eating’ because we lost a hockey game,” Carcillo said. “The flight [attendant] didn’t clear the food fast enough, for his liking, so he came back again.
    “A lot of things like that went on, you know, and I couldn’t believe that this team was the team that won the Stanley Cup the year before.”

Global News has reached out to former teammates of Carcillo but has not independently verified his allegations.

Sutter steered the Los Angeles Kings to two Stanley Cup championships and joined the Anaheim Ducks as an advisor to the coaching staff in July 2019.

Global News attempted to reach Sutter through the Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks, but did not receive a response. A spokesperson for the Anaheim Ducks declined to comment on the allegations.
    That sucks to hear... it really does.
    "If you really want some hot water, I can help you find it."

-Catch Hell Blues

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    640 Post(s)

What we thought was happening:

What was actually happening:

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2391 Post(s)

It's gonna turn out that Iron Mike Keenan is one of the better guys in all of this. At least he did the embarrassing out in the open as opposed to other coaches who did it behind close doors while playing cool guys in front of the camera.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    What we thought was happening:

What was actually happening:

Letterkenny!!!!!!