83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Sportsnet interviewed Kovi yesterday.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...-fit-montreal/
    Really happy Ilya ended up in a better situation.

I will always remember him from his Thrasher days when he was among the best, if not the best, winger in the world.

Go Kovy!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    619 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Can we please have Dean Lombardi back? It was so awesome listening to a GM that had a plan, answers, and knowledge of how to build a winning team and winning culture.

Rob has no plan. I hate when people call it a rebuild. Rebuild is just a fancy coverup for...we suck real bad, so positive twist is we are getting high draft picks, so lets call it a rebuild, instead of calling it plain sucking.

Todd is a horrible coach, has always been a horrible coach. I knew the moment he was signed that we wouldn't see any improvements. He's been given stacked teams in the past and made nothing of them.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of Rob Blake, he doesn't not know how to build a team. He's GARBAGE!!!! Time for FUTA, or give Dean a call. F' BLAKE
    Please. Dean put this team into trouble and in the recent 3-4 years he really didn't do much of building from within (poor draft record). He became stale and proved reluctant to adapt to the new NHL. Hiring him again would be extremely ill advised.

So...who do you think should the Kings hire? It has to be realistic, though. So, someone who is doing well in the NHL with a good track record and under contract until the end of next season is off limits.

Also, it needs to be a GM known for "having a good plan". I.e. a GM that did what Dean did, but differently and perhaps in a more recent era. A GM known that he can spot a talented player, too, not just a character guy that's going to have difficulty keeping up with NHL skill and speed.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)

Plenty of blame to go around. You can point it in any and all directions.

The lesson here, is that this whole damn thing needs to be burned to the ground.

I don't mean demolished, piece by piece over a period of how ever many seasons (notice how this has become a moving target).

I mean burned to the ground

Livin' in God's Country
    Images
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Can we please have Dean Lombardi back? It was so awesome listening to a GM that had a plan, answers, and knowledge of how to build a winning team and winning culture.

Rob has no plan. I hate when people call it a rebuild. Rebuild is just a fancy coverup for...we suck real bad, so positive twist is we are getting high draft picks, so lets call it a rebuild, instead of calling it plain sucking.

Todd is a horrible coach, has always been a horrible coach. I knew the moment he was signed that we wouldn't see any improvements. He's been given stacked teams in the past and made nothing of them.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of Rob Blake, he doesn't not know how to build a team. He's GARBAGE!!!! Time for FUTA, or give Dean a call. F' BLAKE
    Obviously some of you completely ignored all the media when the new coach was announced and a five year plan was put in place. We have a stacked pipeline of impactful, young players coming up. Nobody said we were going to be a playoff contender this year. We have a few years to wait, but I already see a difference in the team, we're not winning but we're much more competitive than last year. Sit back, enjoy the game, watch the progress.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2262 Post(s)

You think because Todd was signed to a 5 year deal there is a 5 year rebuild plan?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    910 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    You think because Todd was signed to a 5 year deal there is a 5 year rebuild plan?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Everything I've read is that its a 2-3 year plan.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1728 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Please. Dean put this team into trouble and in the recent 3-4 years he really didn't do much of building from within (poor draft record). He became stale and proved reluctant to adapt to the new NHL. Hiring him again would be extremely ill advised.
    I'm not saying we should, but i'd imagine he's not nearly as poor of a decision as you're making it out to be. His draft record isn't really that poor, he simply traded many of his best picks away trying to keep the window open. Certainly he misjudged the shift to speed and skill in the NHL, but the team also suffered some pretty serious setbacks that were largely outside his control. The guy isn't a dinosaur, and i'd be willing to bet that, given the chance, he'd do a pretty good job of building another team from the ground up. I don't think the issue was ever about an inability to identify skill, but rather a preference for character. The scouting department hasn't exactly seen major changes, and yet we now suddenly give them credit for their picks. It's a different strategy, not an inability.

He made some mistakes, and it was probably time for a change, but you guys are a bit off the mark with some of your criticism.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2262 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Everything I've read is that its a 2-3 year plan.
    Lol Good luck with that. It took Deano nearly six years to be contenders.

2 years?!?!? Please.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cokingsfan View Post
    We have a stacked pipeline of impactful, young players coming up. Nobody said we were going to be a playoff contender this year. We have a few years to wait, but I already see a difference in the team, we're not winning but we're much more competitive than last year. Sit back, enjoy the game, watch the progress.
    Looks at stacked talent in Ontario Reign.....OH NO! We are in trouble. We have talent and we DO NOTHING WITH IT. Luc, Blake and Todd are garbage. Want proof this thread is about Kovy, not the most talented player, but he's on better pace with Montreal than ANY Kings player. He was just here....WHAT CHANGED?

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    You do realize that we have the SAME scouting staff Dean had when you say there was a "poor draft record", right?

Whatever the case, although I was huge DL fan I agree it wouldn't be a good idea to go back. But I maintain Blake needs more time. It took 5 years for DL to be a legit contender so Blake should get the same. Blake's problem is that they wasted a year reacting to the playoff year (against Vegas) when they probably should have been selling. That is just as much Luc and the higher up management fault as it is Blake's, IMO.

jom