Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Per lebrun, nhl execs are valuing Amart at a 2nd and a prospect
    Sounds right to me. Hope they can get the same return for Toffoli.

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    239 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    IMO and not just saying this as a Kings fan, but I feel he is worth more than just a 2nd round pick. At least a decent prospect as well. I feel if Toffoli had a skilled center, he would have a lot more goals. He would be great in Boston on their 2nd line or even Pitt on their top 2 lines. Not trying to say the Kings don't have skilled centers, but he never really got to play with Kopitar, and Carter has been meh since his injury.
    Here's to hoping you're right. But to me, he's basically Calle Jarnkrok at this point. If the Kings get a 2nd and just that, I'll be thrilled. If they get more, Blake will have ripped off a GM IMO.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3489 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    IMO and not just saying this as a Kings fan, but I feel he is worth more than just a 2nd round pick. At least a decent prospect as well. I feel if Toffoli had a skilled center, he would have a lot more goals. He would be great in Boston on their 2nd line or even Pitt on their top 2 lines. Not trying to say the Kings don't have skilled centers, but he never really got to play with Kopitar, and Carter has been meh since his injury.
    He's a rental on the wrong side of 25 with very mediocre numbers. You need to have a pretty high-end rental to get more than a second for him and maaaaybe a middling prospect. Toffoli ain't it.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)

What players are available out there right now who are at his level? I'm not hearing a lot of chatter. But the lack of many better alternatives (if that is the case) could drive up his price a bit. Kings can also retain 50% without issue, which could help as well.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    That extra year on the contract at below market rate is the only reason why, they wait and he won't be worth a 3rd as a rental
    Exactly. Blake's recent history indicates that he is just as likely to wait. Trade Martinez and let Big Mac fill the spot until Clague or Anderson or Bjornfot are ready.

IMO, anyone over 26 should be considered available and there should be a reason justifying their place on the roster. The team won't be elite for a few more years. There seems to be something wrong with the roster the way guys like Pearson and Kovalchuk are moving on and having success. And the argument of we need the old guys to teach them how to win a Cup doesn't hold as much water when the team has a single playoff win since June 2014. The reality is that our recent history sucks and we've been unable to get it done when it matters. From the Cup core, only Clifford seems to be trending in a positive direction. I'd shake up the roster and try to shake up the culture.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2287 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Exactly. Blake's recent history indicates that he is just as likely to wait. Trade Martinez and let Big Mac fill the spot until Clague or Anderson or Bjornfot are ready.

IMO, anyone over 26 should be considered available and there should be a reason justifying their place on the roster. The team won't be elite for a few more years. There seems to be something wrong with the roster the way guys like Pearson and Kovalchuk are moving on and having success. And the argument of we need the old guys to teach them how to win a Cup doesn't hold as much water when the team has a single playoff win since June 2014. The reality is that our recent history sucks and we've been unable to get it done when it matters. From the Cup core, only Clifford seems to be trending in a positive direction. I'd shake up the roster and try to shake up the culture.
    The core is "rotten".
    The club has no winning culture.
    Revolving door of coaches did/does not help it only hurts.

Very few on this club care about winning, and it shows.

New management, and removing of the old rotted core players must happen.

This club needs a "scorched earth" policy now. Bring in qualified management from outside this organization.
    Gut this fish.

Uncle Phil, are you listening?!?!?!

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)

Don't have a link, but LeBrun is apparently saying the Kings have let it be known that Martinez is available and the return is probably a 2nd and a prospect.

Edit: I see that jammer06 beat me by a day. (I'm getting old.) It is from an article in the Athletic.
    Last edited by HeadInjury; January 14th, 2020 at 10:46 AM.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3748 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Don't have a link, but LeBrun is apparently saying the Kings have let it be known that Martinez is available and the return is probably a 2nd and a prospect.

Edit: I see that jammer06 beat me by a day. (I'm getting old.) It is from an article in the Athletic.
    Yeah I didn't want to quote it since it's behind the pay wall. If anyone out there is curious though I think the athletic is well worth the money, then again I also pay for team LGK.

Just... just listen.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy2213 View Post
    The players the Kings should move in trades aren't desirable to other teams, so the expectations you have are far out of touch with the reality of the situation. If he can flip any of the **** contracts away, even for a bag of pucks, he's done well.
    I dunno about that.

Given the current situation, sure. He managed to sell a rotting apple for almost half price. Pat on the back to him, I guess, for getting that much for it.

But he also coulda gotten full price for it if he'd actually put it up for sale when it was ripe, or even just past that. So I would say the comparative loss is on him.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    239 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    I dunno about that.

Given the current situation, sure. He managed to sell a rotting apple for almost half price. Pat on the back to him, I guess, for getting that much for it.

But he also coulda gotten full price for it if he'd actually put it up for sale when it was ripe, or even just past that. So I would say the comparative loss is on him.
    When did Blake have the opportunity to have a "ripe" contract on Brown, Quick, Carter, or any of the other "core" that are locked in to ****ty contracts? That's all DL.