Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I've been looking around since last night. We've all been talking about moving Carter since he came back from injury, and there weren't many takers. With the way the trade market is lining up, I think we have a chance to deal him and actually get a decent return. Hell, the market may be so buyer friendly that its possible that we might be able to move Brown.

Its the right time to move Martinez with 50% retained, with only a year remaining. It should warrant a return similar to Toffoli, and the ceiling is probably just under the return we got for Muzzin. The Hurricanes have LOTS of 2020 draft collateral.
    As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be shocked at all if Carter is dealt to BOS. They apparently had a deal for months to get Toff but VAN must has swooped in and sweetened a deal. And now the pressure is on in BOS - from their fan base - to do something. If the LAK retained salary on Carter a deal could be made ... as long as Carter agreed to said move ...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

It's been pretty obvious that Penguins have been trying to package Johnson out of Pittsburg. Just no team is stupid enough to take him. Only want they can get rid of him is to attach a high draft pick with him. He only got a spot on the Pens roster because he's friends with Crosby. He's in the NHL because of that reason only. He was riding the pine in Columbus, he was a healthy scratch for a third of the season and all of post season.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    554 Post(s)

Tip over the canoe and Tyler too!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1811 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I still think there is a chance Martinez isn't dealt before this year's trade deadline. They may very well try to package him as part of a draft day deal or perhaps before next year's trade deadline.
    That was wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be shocked at all if Carter is dealt to BOS.
    The injury to Nolan Patrick has a bunch of Twitterites screaming about Carter to the Flyers. They've got no 3rd rounder, but 2x 4th Rounders. The problem with that move is that even if we ate half of Carter's Cap hit, they're still off on the cap space by around $900k. We'd have to take back a body, maybe Pitlick, to make it work. I'd be down for their 2nd and a kid like Morgan Frost, if we could squeeze it.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    400 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USCKingsFan31 View Post
    Round 1: Rips C off, demands trade... fine if he didn't want to accept (pretty fair) offer, but didn't have to handle it the way that he did.

Round 2: In what was supposed to be his redemption tour, activates his no trade clause to prevent Kings from getting assets during a rebuild because he wants to stay and be a part of it... only to bounce to ****ing San Jose that same offseason because waahhhhh Dean was prioritizing other guys (when, you know, if he was on board with the rebuild, he should have been in support of?).

Yes, this is over-simplified. Yes, I've heard other versions of these happenings that paint Blake in a better light. Whatever. The dude has ALWAYS been money first and logo second. I'll always dislike him. My interest in the team has dwindled significantly with him running it (and not because we suck... I did a lifetime of watching the Kings suck before he took over).
    Oh I forgot, he ripped the C. Seriously, can you get over it? I don't know if you're speaking for the other guy. But it looks like your hatred for Blake has actually blinded you all from any kind of unbiased opinion. Or do you not realize that Blake serving his own interests also serves the Kings interests? He's not going to make a bad decision as a GM in order to screw the Kings. Maybe in the future instead of offering a negative opinion about a trade, just say "I hate Blake & everything he does is automatically wrong."

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    847 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USCKingsFan31 View Post
    Round 1: Rips C off, demands trade... fine if he didn't want to accept (pretty fair) offer, but didn't have to handle it the way that he did.

Round 2: In what was supposed to be his redemption tour, activates his no trade clause to prevent Kings from getting assets during a rebuild because he wants to stay and be a part of it... only to bounce to ****ing San Jose that same offseason because waahhhhh Dean was prioritizing other guys (when, you know, if he was on board with the rebuild, he should have been in support of?).

Yes, this is over-simplified. Yes, I've heard other versions of these happenings that paint Blake in a better light. Whatever. The dude has ALWAYS been money first and logo second. I'll always dislike him. My interest in the team has dwindled significantly with him running it (and not because we suck... I did a lifetime of watching the Kings suck before he took over).
    My god man. Get over it.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    925 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be shocked at all if Carter is dealt to BOS. They apparently had a deal for months to get Toff but VAN must has swooped in and sweetened a deal. And now the pressure is on in BOS - from their fan base - to do something. If the LAK retained salary on Carter a deal could be made ... as long as Carter agreed to said move ...
    Apparently 3-4 teams now interested in Carter. Starting to get even more interesting.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

All the best Toff, going to miss you.
    My son still could not believe you were dealt.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2292 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    It's been pretty obvious that Penguins have been trying to package Johnson out of Pittsburg. Just no team is stupid enough to take him. Only want they can get rid of him is to attach a high draft pick with him. He only got a spot on the Pens roster because he's friends with Crosby. He's in the NHL because of that reason only. He was riding the pine in Columbus, he was a healthy scratch for a third of the season and all of post season.
    Incredible that Johnson has played 56 out of 58 games this season for the Pens as a 33 year old and is logging 20-23 minutes per game. +6 on the year, not bad. He must truly suck to get that ice time!

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2274 Post(s)

Any word if Blake and Kings retained the naming rights for "Top Titty"?