Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1732 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Yes they he did stifle Vilardi. If you listened to his interview after Vilardi's second game, he said he let Vilardi do his thing in the first game to get the nerves and goal out of the way, and now he has to fill in his role. Guess what happened when he "filled in his role" he's off the scoresheet.
    Id like to see that actually. Ive searched and haven't been able to find anything other than Mclellan saying he wanted to take a bit of pressure of him. Link?

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1116 Post(s)

Next season I expect a full on "Major League" situation.

I want a giant Cuban forward who can't hit a slapshot.

I want a sniper who doesn't realize he needs glasses.

We already have an aging goalie with bad legs. And if we send him to TJ in the offseason, he can come to camp straight from Mexico.

We've got the speedy winger who can't score, and Carter plays the role of the pricey vet who doesn't quite have it anymore. Kopitar is the aging guy who still kinda has it and is the go-to guy.

And our coach at least looks like he could be a manager at a tire shop.

So we're halfway there!

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1732 Post(s)

I would actually pay to see somebody sacrifice a chicken on the Kings bench.

Suck it Trebek!
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    I would actually pay to see somebody sacrifice a chicken on the Kings bench.
    Yep - and have Bob Uecker and his bottle of jack replace Faust.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drums4dmf View Post
    Yep - and have Bob Uecker and his bottle of jack replace Faust.
    Well, Nick Nickson can do that job.

Nick Nickson : One hit,that's all we got, one goddamn hit?

Daryl Evans (covers mic) : You can't say "goddamn" on the air!

Nick Nickson : Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway. Do we even know what station we're on?

Nick Nickson : The post-game show is brought to you by...

[searches through his papers]

Nick Nickson : Christ, I can't find it. To hell with it. Was probably some hipster mustache curler anyway.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1732 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    Well, Nick Nickson can do that job.

Nick Nickson : One hit,that's all we got, one goddamn hit?

Daryl Evans (covers mic) : You can't say "goddamn" on the air!

Nick Nickson : Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway. Do we even know what station we're on?

Nick Nickson : The post-game show is brought to you by...

[searches through his papers]

Nick Nickson : Christ, I can't find it. To hell with it. Was probably some hipster mustache curler anyway.
    This entire Major League scenario needs to happen. Kings PR team needs to start thinking outside the box if they want to draw in teh fans next season.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)

"Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Is very bad."

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    That's part of the process of learning to play in the NHL. Tell me how many NHL coaches let rookies just "do their thing" during their NHL career beginnings? I doubt that even happens in the AHL (which is probably the main reason Gabe isn't a ppg player in Ontario). Every coach has his own system, his own idea how the game should be played, and I doubt many rookies come pre-prepared for that.

The key is that Gabe learns the ropes of the NHL and Todd's system. Yes, the Kings need offense, but not at the cost of having reckless pivots that just roam around doing whatever they see fit. Vilardi is not Crosby.

How many years did it take for Kopitar to become a proper two-way center? I suspect Crawford "let him do his thing"...it was fun and exciting, but if Crawford stayed as a coach and Kopitar never develops into a prime two-way center...no Cups for the Kings, I'm pretty sure about that.

Gabe played 3 games. 3! And you're already complaining that Todd is "stifling him". At least wait until the 10 game mark...or perhaps until next season.

And just for the record, here's the list of players that didn't get stifled at all under Todd:
    Jumbo Joe, Marleau, Setoguchi, Pavelski, Michalek, Clowe, Ehrhoff, Vlasic, Heatley, Couture, Brent Burns, Wingels, Dan Boyle, even our zombie Rob Blake still did well. Heck, Manny Malhotra scored 14 under Todd.

Quite a few players were developed and established their careers as top notch players under Todd - Pavelski, Couture, Vlasic, Burns - and the Sharks were up until 1-2 years ago a playoff team.

If anything, I'd question Todd's ability to push his team over the edge to win the Cup, and it might be that the players eventually tuned him out. Could also be a problem with leadership. Hard to say...but to build and develop a team, he seems to be a fine choice.
    What you did was list a team that Dean Lombardi built and Todd couldn't push a stacked team to the promised land.

Todd was given Edmonton Oilers, why did you fail to mention that garbage Todd "developed" into yearly non-playoff team.

Now Todd has taken over another Lombardi team and can't do anything with it.

Todd has had the benefit of taking over good teams and can't do squat with them. Todd hasn't proved anything and hasn't earned a coaching job in my eyes. Dean is a team building machine and Blake thought he could handle it and take it over after Dean brought this team 2 cups. I still can't believe that Dean took a loser LA team, with a lifetime of disappointment, gave them 2 cups and you fire the guy 3 years after winning the last cup. Like this guy has done more for them team since 1968. This team never had a chance at a cup and he brings 2 Cups and a Western Conference finals and then gets fired? There was only one GM that could bring this team to the promise land and you FIRED him? for WHO? For Luc and Blake who's been riding coat tails all their lives. COME ON where's the outrage?

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1617 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    Considering the range in which Tampa's first is likely to land, you're not going to get a guaranteed Iafallo. So why would the Kings make that trade? It was a good trade for SJ (for Barclay Goodrow)...they might be able to replace him with that pick. But you're not guaranteed a 19G 28A guy at that spot, not by a long shot. Iafallo is getting better every year, and hasn't hit his potential yet. I think the Kings would have been fools to trade him away for Tampa's first - even straight up, let alone padding it with a third like SJ did. Lewis on the other hand...I think that would have been a better move for Tampa. They could have gotten him for less and had that locker room leadership that they're missing.
    At 26, it's statistically likely Iafallo has peaked. He's not 1st line material, except on this crap team. He would be a 4th liner for TB. A 1st rd pick for him would be a gift.

Goodrow is Lewis 8 years ago. At league minimum. I wouldn't have given a 1st, but he's a useful player.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3734 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    Next season I expect a full on "Major League" situation.

I want a giant Cuban forward who can't hit a slapshot.

I want a sniper who doesn't realize he needs glasses.

We already have an aging goalie with bad legs. And if we send him to TJ in the offseason, he can come to camp straight from Mexico.

We've got the speedy winger who can't score, and Carter plays the role of the pricey vet who doesn't quite have it anymore. Kopitar is the aging guy who still kinda has it and is the go-to guy.

And our coach at least looks like he could be a manager at a tire shop.

So we're halfway there!
    Can't wait to see the cardboard cutout of Phil with a banana hammock in the locker room