Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    Larry Fishers top 300 for March

1) Alexis Lafreniere (LW, Canada, Rimouski QMJHL)

2) Lucas Raymond (RW, Sweden, Frolunda SHL)
    3) Tim Stutzle (LC/LW, Germany, Adler Mannheim DEL)

4) Quinton Byfield (LC, Canada, Sudbury OHL)
    5) Jamie Drysdale (RD, Canada, Erie OHL)

6) Alexander Holtz (LW/RW, Sweden, Djurgardens SHL)
    7) Cole Perfetti (LW/LC, Canada, Saginaw OHL)

8) Marco Rossi (LC, Austria/Switzerland, Ottawa OHL)

I added 8 because Rossi is leading point scorer.

Here is his full list.
    https://thehockeywriters.com/2020-nh...-march-fisher/
    If we picked 4th in that order, would it be Byfield or Drysdale?

I say---BOTH.

Pick Byfield, and then trade Turcotte to the #5 team and pick Drysdale.

OK, the #5 team would
    have to be one who really loves Turcotte for this to happen (and maybe add
    a 4th rounder or something for sweetener?)

Imagine coming out of the 1st round with Byfield and Drysdale!

That would be obscene.

But I can dream that sick dream, can't I?
    Last edited by triplcrown; March 16th, 2020 at 08:46 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

If the season does get axed without playoffs and a SC winner, won't there have to be "new" rules for the Entry Draft? Normally, the non-playoff teams are the only teams in on the draft lottery. Will the league decide to have ALL the teams in on the lottery instead of just the non-playoff teams. After all, there won't be any "playoff teams", so top finishers could scream that they should have a shot at #1 .

Bottom line, the Kings could get royally screwed once again. I hope my pessimistic mind is wrong, wrong, wrong.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)

Don't know how things will go in any lottery.

But with our 1st pick in the 2nd round, I want 1 of these 2 D-men, providing they are available (which
    most mock drafts predict they are likely to be, or at least 1 of 'em):

-William Wallinder
    -Joni Jurmo

Both are at least 6'3", and outstanding skaters with great athleticism, strong physical games,
    and at least some offensive ability ----Great all-round D-men who can eat up lots of minutes.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2020...iam-wallinder/

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2020...hd-joni-jurmo/
    Last edited by triplcrown; March 28th, 2020 at 10:08 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

I enjoyed this exercise in prognostication from the Hockey Writers. Enjoy.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    393 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    If the season does get axed without playoffs and a SC winner, won't there have to be "new" rules for the Entry Draft? Normally, the non-playoff teams are the only teams in on the draft lottery. Will the league decide to have ALL the teams in on the lottery instead of just the non-playoff teams. After all, there won't be any "playoff teams", so top finishers could scream that they should have a shot at #1 .

Bottom line, the Kings could get royally screwed once again. I hope my pessimistic mind is wrong, wrong, wrong.
    They did that in 2005 because there was no season, period. I would think (and hope) things would be different this time because there already has been a significant season already. If they do include all teams, then current playoff teams should each have 0.1% (basically one number combo out of 1000).

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    453 Post(s)

Here is a couple more Western league (WHL) prospects who happen to both play for Portland

Portland left wing Cross Hanas
    (6'1", 164 lbs. 22/27/49 in 60 games) Hands down my favorite prospect I have seen all season. Best skater I have seen all season. High compete motor and always in motion while on the ice. High end offensive skills, vision, passing and shot. Has real bite to his game and plays feisty. Speed is his main asset. The 2002 born Texan plays in a scheme that is all about speed and high pressure from anywhere on the ice. He has shown flashes of extraordinary speed with one more gear if he catches the defender flat footed. Very good hands to go with the foot speed and is willing to be physical. I wouldn't be shocked if he went late in the third but definitely in the fourth round. Definitely the kind of player that all teams look for in the "new" style of NHL game with speed. He is #65 on Central Scouting's NA Skaters list.

Portland center Seth Jarvis - (5'10", 172 lbs. 42/56/98 in 58 games) High end talent at center who like all other Winter Hawks can skate, skate, skate. I have seen him many times and been impressed each time. High end skater who has great speed and doesn't need a lot of room to get to top speed and will go end to end. This year showed the ability to lug the puck throughout the offensive zone causing the defenders to run around in their own end. Presses his attack to outside in often to take advantage of his speed and quickness. Speed and quickness - and quick hands - make him highly effective in his own end where he can turn pucks over quickly and effectively move up on attack. Has the natural ability to find the soft spot on the ice allowing him to get off a quick and heavy shot. Plays in all situations and can change a game situation in one shift very quickly. Doesn't show much physically but that really isn't his game. Elite offensive prospect. #19 NA on Central Scouting's list - as LAK are deep at center I am not sure of their interest but a very exciting prospect.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    629 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Here is a couple more Western league (WHL) prospects who happen to both play for Portland

Portland left wing Cross Hanas
    – (6'1", 164 lbs. 22/27/49 in 60 games) Hands down my favorite prospect I have seen all season. Best skater I have seen all season. High compete motor and always in motion while on the ice. High end offensive skills, vision, passing and shot. Has real bite to his game and plays feisty. Speed is his main asset. The 2002 born Texan plays in a scheme that is all about speed and high pressure from anywhere on the ice. He has shown flashes of extraordinary speed with one more gear if he catches the defender flat footed. Very good hands to go with the foot speed and is willing to be physical. I wouldn't be shocked if he went late in the third but definitely in the fourth round. Definitely the kind of player that all teams look for in the "new" style of NHL game with speed. He is #65 on Central Scouting's NA Skaters list.

Portland center Seth Jarvis - (5'10", 172 lbs. 42/56/98 in 58 games) High end talent at center who like all other Winter Hawks can skate, skate, skate. I have seen him many times and been impressed each time. High end skater who has great speed and doesn't need a lot of room to get to top speed and will go end to end. This year showed the ability to lug the puck throughout the offensive zone causing the defenders to run around in their own end. Presses his attack to outside in often to take advantage of his speed and quickness. Speed and quickness - and quick hands - make him highly effective in his own end where he can turn pucks over quickly and effectively move up on attack. Has the natural ability to find the soft spot on the ice allowing him to get off a quick and heavy shot. Plays in all situations and can change a game situation in one shift very quickly. Doesn't show much physically but that really isn't his game. Elite offensive prospect. #19 NA on Central Scouting's list - as LAK are deep at center I am not sure of their interest but a very exciting prospect.
    Crazy world, I live in Highland Village. With the bounty of mid round picks the Kings have, it's entirely possible they go after him. Between that and the fact that my buddy has two poodles named Marco and Rossi, I now have two horses in this race. Well, 3 if you consider that I'm really pulling for Drysdale.

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    453 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    Crazy world, I live in Highland Village. With the bounty of mid round picks the Kings have, it's entirely possible they go after him. Between that and the fact that my buddy has two poodles named Marco and Rossi, I now have two horses in this race. Well, 3 if you consider that I'm really pulling for Drysdale.
    Jarvis very easily could go in the mid to late first round if not higher. Kind of a late bloomer who absolutely exploded this year. Make no mistake Mike Johnston knows how to find and coach offensive talent and Jarvis is truly that.

Hanas is just fun to watch and I love he has a mean streak to go with the whole package.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3739 Post(s)

Scott Wheeler is predicting that the Kings will hope for Drysdale if they don't move up.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Does anyone know what time the lottery is, tomorrow?