Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Default Drat Picks or ...Playoffs?

I know, I know...I'm certifiable.

But a have a few Kings miracles in my picket already.

BIG TIME miracles, by the way. And not just The Frenzy on Fig and The Miracle on Manchester.

Take 2012........

.....the Kings were toast. Going nowhere fast, dead-in-the-water. I liked Murray as a person, but NOT an NHL head coach. For a Christmas present, the Kings fired Murray and handed the reigns to Darryl Sutter. With only one month to play in the regular season, the Kings were tenth in the Western Conference, two seeds away from a playoff spot. And tickets on Stub Hub were 6 bucks...and they waived the service fee.

I told my wife: Since we have free parking downtown (my building), let's go see some Kings games...tickets in the upper deck are almost free and we got Carter and Richards and two big kids from the minors...who knows what might happen...and we get to see Kings games cheaper than the bargain matinees in Pasadena.

We went to 15 Kings games in a row where they lost...with the exception of the Dallas game where we were behind by five goals in the 3rd period and won.

But I had a feeling about the 2011/2012 team.

We got to see ten games in a row for almost nothing. And we won all ten. And made the playoffs. And won the Cup.

I NEVER give up. I'm a freak that way. No one's been pronounced Dead-at-the-Scene more than me (three times). I even wrote a book about it:

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    931 Post(s)

Kings aren't making the playoffs. Get some "Drat" picks.
    Last edited by LAKingSteve; March 12th, 2020 at 08:07 AM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)

It would take a miracle from somewhere else,just to get the Kings to have a sniff at the Playoffs.So a top 3 lottery pick should be in order.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1734 Post(s)

This is not that 2012 team. There's plenty of reason to be optimistic based on the last 7 games, but you need to temper that excitement with the very real notion that this team has spent most of the season in the cellar. There's been a lot of talk recently about the Kings blowing their chances at a top 3 pick, and that would definitely sting a bit, but this is what development looks like. I'd rather see our prospects playing well and improving than showing nothing at all.

TLDR: They ain't a playoff team, no matter how fun the past 7 games have been.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)

This team has 1 veteran goalie, 1 veteran defenseman, 1 veteran center (a second who is not playing) and 2 veteran forwards. We are playing young players a ton and have won 7 in a row. This is not a problem. This is wonderful.

We aren't making the playoffs and our chances of getting a top pick are being reduced, but recent developments are nothing but positive.

We Are All Champions x2!!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)

YAY a win streak more than a few games for their first this season and all of a sudden "let's go for the playoffs!" Sorry, not trying to be a downer but they are not making the playoffs (if the season re-starts). Personally, I kind of hope they stop because the worst thing to happen besides not making the playoffs is drafting in the black hole. Especially when they have been 2nd to last pretty much all season.