Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3734 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I still remember all of us saying things like "Who the **** are these guys?" It's like a whole different beast of a team just showed up. Such a shame that they forgot how to play like that suddenly after the 2012 run.
    Watching the 2012 team vs the 2014 team you can see the toll that was taken on these guys. Richards most obviously of all.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1229 Post(s)

Just watched game 5 vs Vancouver what a game. Reminds me of how hard the Kings were to watch offensively but wonderful to watch defensively.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Has anyone found 2012 Blues v Kings, Game 3? Thats the only one I cant find.

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patton View Post
    Has anyone found 2012 Blues v Kings, Game 3? Thats the only one I cant find.
    That was the series where I kind of "knew" that we could win it all. The Blues were said to be our prototype, BIG, and aggressive. I clearly remember watching game 1 in the bar, up tight, at the Tam-O-Shanter with my family and thinking, "wholly ****, we can beat them hands down!" And we went on to steam roll the Blues. I miss that feeling...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STONE View Post
    That was the series where I kind of "knew" that we could win it all. The Blues were said to be our prototype, BIG, and aggressive. I clearly remember watching game 1 in the bar, up tight, at the Tam-O-Shanter with my family and thinking, "wholly ****, we can beat them hands down!" And we went on to steam roll the Blues. I miss that feeling...
    Game 2 of that series, in particular, was really the "euraka!" moment, when I realized the Kings were onto something special. Still, after years of disappointment, I tried not to get too excited and only felt assured they would win it all when Lewis buried the ENG against New Jersey in game 6.