Thread: Mike Richards Appreciation Thread

For King, Ace Whole
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    348 Post(s)

I too was giddy when we traded for Richards. Philadelphia still thinks they won that trade, but Simmonds and Schenn are elsewhere and Philly hasn't yet won a cup since the trade. Carter was the proverbial icing on the cake.

I said it then and I'll say it again, No Richards = No Cup for L.A. in 2012 and for sure not in 2014.

Although I know he fell out of favor, his jersey deserves to be hung in the rafters. Obviously, because players with a smaller impact on the franchise are hanging there now...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vindogla View Post
    I too was giddy when we traded for Richards. Philadelphia still thinks they won that trade, but Simmonds and Schenn are elsewhere and Philly hasn't yet won a cup since the trade. Carter was the proverbial icing on the cake.

I said it then and I'll say it again, No Richards = No Cup for L.A. in 2012 and for sure not in 2014.

Although I know he fell out of favor, his jersey deserves to be hung in the rafters. Obviously, because players with a smaller impact on the franchise are hanging there now...
    No way does his jersey belong in the rafters for 4 or so years with the team. That's reserved for the Kopi, Brown, Luc, Gretzky, etc. type players. Who had a smaller impact that's up there now?

For King, Ace Whole
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    348 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    No way does his jersey belong in the rafters for 4 or so years with the team. That's reserved for the Kopi, Brown, Luc, Gretzky, etc. type players. Who had a smaller impact that's up there now?
    Robert Blake