Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Watching Kings/Hawks 2014.

  1. #1
    1st Scoring Line
    jgs's Avatar
    Karma: 1494125
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    508 Post(s)

    Default Watching Kings/Hawks 2014.

    Man, watching game 7 Kings/Hawks June 1, 2014. That was an awesome team. Wishing the Kings can get back to that kind of greatness quick.

  2. #2
    jammer's overlord
    Nyssa42's Avatar
    Karma: 341704941
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,773
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3115 Post(s)

    Default

    I don't think it's just because I'm biased....i think that is one of the greatest hockey games ever played. Could have so easily gone either way. Both teams with speed and strength.

    If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

  3. #3
    3rd Line Role Player
    patton's Avatar
    Karma: 1038000
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    If the Hawks had made it past us, they would have three cups in a row, in a league built for parity.
    Last edited by patton; May 10th, 2020 at 04:49 AM.

  4. #4
    1st Scoring Line
    deathb4dux's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I don't think it's just because I'm biased....i think that is one of the greatest hockey games ever played. Could have so easily gone either way. Both teams with speed and strength.
    That series was truly the Stanley Cup Final...I knew that whoever won that series was winning the cup that year. Just grateful it was our boys!

  5. #5
    1st Scoring Line
    05/29/93's Avatar
    Karma: 1888000
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,045
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    393 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I don't think it's just because I'm biased....i think that is one of the greatest hockey games ever played. Could have so easily gone either way. Both teams with speed and strength.
    It's right up there, but really the whole series was just an absolute classic. The '93 Kings-Maple Leafs series was similar, and the 7th game of that series could also be considered one of the greatest games ever.

  6. #6
    3rd Line Role Player
    Psych3man's Avatar
    Karma: 1231000
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    It's right up there, but really the whole series was just an absolute classic. The '93 Kings-Maple Leafs series was similar, and the 7th game of that series could also be considered one of the greatest games ever.
    GREAT book on Kings-Leafs series...very balanced, excellent background, analysis and anecdotes

    The Last Good Year by Damien Cox

    https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...by-damien-cox/

  7. #7
    Just... just listen.
    darby's Avatar
    Karma: 4086644
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,309
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I don't think it's just because I'm biased....i think that is one of the greatest hockey games ever played. Could have so easily gone either way. Both teams with speed and strength.
    For me it was, hands down. They were so even, and the back and forth of it all.

    The stakes were so high shift to shift, even. No one could let off the gas for a second and practically no one did.



    Quote Originally Posted by deathb4dux View Post
    That series was truly the Stanley Cup Final...I knew that whoever won that series was winning the cup that year. Just grateful it was our boys!
    Yeah. The fluff that was going on n the East was gonna get plastered.



    The funny thing is how much the press thought the Rangers had a chance. Sure, they had some fast guys, and that was a benefit to them early in each game. But the longer each game went on, the more they lost their only advantage they had. By the third, the Kings were clearly the team on top.


    "Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

  8. #8
    Hobo with a slapshot
    NobleSavage's Avatar
    Karma: 1644000
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

    Default

    I lived on the north side in Chicago when this was going down.
    Best game indeed, it was amazing watching this in a locals bar with Hawks fans I knew.
    It was the damn best, the whole city knew whoever won was going to pummel the East.
    Peqoud pizza on Clybourn had the Conference shields on their restrooms.
    Sexist maybe but you could guess who was Western and who was Eastern.
    I wore my Gaborik jersey T to RIb Fest that summer and was amused how often strangers would boo me. Hahaha

  9. #9
    1st Scoring Line
    deathb4dux's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NobleSavage View Post
    I lived on the north side in Chicago when this was going down.
    Best game indeed, it was amazing watching this in a locals bar with Hawks fans I knew.
    It was the damn best, the whole city knew whoever won was going to pummel the East.
    Peqoud pizza on Clybourn had the Conference shields on their restrooms.
    Sexist maybe but you could guess who was Western and who was Eastern.
    I wore my Gaborik jersey T to RIb Fest that summer and was amused how often strangers would boo me. Hahaha
    I have never heard of Pequods pizza but am very familiar with Girodanos.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •