3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
    ... and don't forget to include Merlin Olsen and Dick Enberg doing Rams' games. We had it all for a while.

edit: and the Angels. We can still like the Angels right??
    Enberg with Don Drysdale were awesome!

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

Lest we forget, David Courtney. RIP big fella.

I agree that Faust has seemingly found his groove. Fox on the other hand...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    I listened to Bob for, what, 40 some years and of course you miss him. Many of you didn't get the chance to hear Bob on the radio (most games are on TV now....post "simulcast" era) which is where the guy really did shine.

As to Alex....the guy is less that 30 years old, right? Bob didn't start here until he was 35 so Alex just needs time. I've never had a problem with him. My problem now is Fox...who just goes overboard way too much. Bob must have kept him in check or something but now the genie is now loose. JF needs to get back to his old self, IMO.

jom
    I agree. Bob was a master of that simulcast when it was him and Nick paired together. I have met JF a few times and like him as a person, but don't care for his commentating. Sometimes I will listen to Nick/Daryl online just for something different.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    393 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWells24 View Post
    I agree. Bob was a master of that simulcast when it was him and Nick paired together. I have met JF a few times and like him as a person, but don't care for his commentating. Sometimes I will listen to Nick/Daryl online just for something different.
    Bob and Nick on the simulcast were FANTASTIC!! Such a treat to listen to (usually on the radio) in the 80's, when the Kings weren't very good at all otherwise.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    I listened to Bob for, what, 40 some years and of course you miss him. Many of you didn't get the chance to hear Bob on the radio (most games are on TV now....post "simulcast" era) which is where the guy really did shine.

As to Alex....the guy is less that 30 years old, right? Bob didn't start here until he was 35 so Alex just needs time. I've never had a problem with him. My problem now is Fox...who just goes overboard way too much. Bob must have kept him in check or something but now the genie is now loose. JF needs to get back to his old self, IMO.

jom
    Couldn't agree more on the remarks abt Fox. Anymore, the broadcasts should be titled "An evening with Jim Fox"

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)

Fox does try too hard to be a comedian,but as others have said he is a real nice guy. I think he became too dominant in Bob's absence.

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whittierkings View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of Alex to begin with, but I don't have any issues at all anymore. He's now getting comfortable. He calls a consistent game, knows what he's talking about, does his research, and most importantly... he's starting to get Fox back in to check with jabs all the time.
    I just wish he would call the game more and analyze the game less.