All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1230 Post(s)

Default Still missing Bob

Watching the Bob farewell game, miss his balance calling the game, commenting and keeping Foxy in check. Will never be the same. BTW Iginla played for the Kings? That was forgettable.

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)

I still miss Chick.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

We all miss Bob. He was the voice of the Kings, but now he's retired... just like everyone else dreams of doing with their job. He got old and has health issues. I wasn't a huge fan of Alex to begin with, but I don't have any issues at all anymore. He's now getting comfortable. He calls a consistent game, knows what he's talking about, does his research, and most importantly... he's starting to get Fox back in to check with jabs all the time.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    I still miss Chick.
    “You can put this one in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the Jell-O is jiggling.”

Suck it Trebek!
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whittierkings View Post
    We all miss Bob. He was the voice of the Kings, but now he's retired... just like everyone else dreams of doing with their job. He got old and has health issues. I wasn't a huge fan of Alex to begin with, but I don't have any issues at all anymore. He's now getting comfortable. He calls a consistent game, knows what he's talking about, does his research, and most importantly... he's starting to get Fox back in to check with jabs all the time.
    I agree. I was never too hard on Alex knowing he had the biggest shoes to fill (especially at his age).

It's still amazing that some of us got to grow up w/ Vin, Chick, and Bob. It doesn't get better than that...

Typo King
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whittierkings View Post
    I think Alex has grown well into the role. Was rough the first season then it felt right. Noting will be as good as Bob.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2276 Post(s)

Nobody misses Jim.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drums4dmf View Post
    I agree. I was never too hard on Alex knowing he had the biggest shoes to fill (especially at his age).

It's still amazing that some of us got to grow up w/ Vin, Chick, and Bob. It doesn't get better than that...
    ...and don't forget Dick Enberg (Rams, UCLA, Angels)...I'm old--58 y/o

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)

I listened to Bob for, what, 40 some years and of course you miss him. Many of you didn't get the chance to hear Bob on the radio (most games are on TV now....post "simulcast" era) which is where the guy really did shine.

As to Alex....the guy is less that 30 years old, right? Bob didn't start here until he was 35 so Alex just needs time. I've never had a problem with him. My problem now is Fox...who just goes overboard way too much. Bob must have kept him in check or something but now the genie is now loose. JF needs to get back to his old self, IMO.

jom

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drums4dmf View Post

... and don't forget to include Merlin Olsen and Dick Enberg doing Rams' games. We had it all for a while.

edit: and the Angels. We can still like the Angels right??
    Last edited by Butch 19; May 15th, 2020 at 01:23 PM.