Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3442 Post(s)

My personal favorite:

On whether he notices teams outside of the playoffs taking more chances now:

Iím sure thereís coaches telling players to show us what youíve got, so with that becomes looser play. I mean, Iím not really familiar with not being in a stretch drive to make the playoffs, so I canít really tell you, so youíd have to talk to players or coaches that are used to that. Iím not.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    Richardson is full of it and I don't care if he was a teammate at the time.. The facts are that there is no way anyone could have stopped on that play after the whistle. Nor was it "knee on knee"...it was a charlie horse at worst. Nor did Brown stick out his knee. Also, how can the outcome NOT change if the Kings got a penalty there? It was OT for chrissakes. Richardson needs to buy a clue.

Mike Smith is also full of it...but we already knew that.

I can understand Doan's reaction though. I thought he got screwed when he was thrown out of an earlier game so he was probably a bit pissed.

Whatever the case, the Yotes pretty much got outplayed the whole series so maybe that is what Richardson was alluding to.

jom
    Richardson's quote was, "but I donít think it changes the series in any way". Which I think we all agree with. The Kings were an absolute juggernaut that year in the playoffs.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    931 Post(s)

Oh John Gibson:
    He’s the best goalie I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe we got one by him tonight. A lot of pressure on him now. A lot of pressure on him.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    [B]

Brown was highly criticized after the overtime hit on Rozsival but the Kings forward will not face discipline from the National Hockey League.
    The Coyotes were furious after the Game 5 loss that the hit took place after the whistle was blown.

“If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play, then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever,” Coyotes goalie Mike Smith told reporters after the game."

This is the same Smith slashed at Brown's knee while Brown stood outside the paint - and who attempted a huge slash (barely missed) at Mike Richards moments after Penner's OT winner.
    The NHL has edited out the attempted slash in their SC videos.

Triple Crown Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    654 Post(s)

Darryl Sutter 2012 AD

“I guess I don’t get to see the cows for a while.’’ — on becoming Kings coach.

On Dustin Penner’s injury: “He has a sore back. It’s that old line. `I’ve got a weak back.’ `When did it happen?’ `About a week back.’’’

“You don’t get nothing for three.’’ — after taking a 3-0 series lead on Vancouver.

“I’m not a philosopher or Nostradamus or nothing.’’ — on the tight playoff race.

“I saw it live and in Technicolor. It was good on both.’’ — on Dustin Brown’s Game 3 hit on Henrik Sedin.

“This isn’t baseball.’’ — on his policy of not announcing his starting goalie.

At the championship rally: “Everybody enjoy it, and stay out of trouble.’’

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1734 Post(s)

Why choose a favorite quote when there are so many jewels. Just enjoy the plethora of riches that spill from his mouth.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    The way 'yotes fan were crying, it seems like Brownie blew out Rosival's knee into oblivion...

This is the same Smith slashed at Brown's knee while Brown stood outside the paint - and who attempted a huge slash (barely missed) at Mike Richards moments after Penner's OT winner.
    And Brown got a diving call on that play!!

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1230 Post(s)

Every post game was a gem for me! Not sure if the press set him up or set the press up.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Oh John Gibson:
    He’s the best goalie I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe we got one by him tonight. A lot of pressure on him now. A lot of pressure on him.
    This was the quote that immediately popped into my head when I say the thread title. I loved that quote and it was so on point at the time. Just great in many ways.