True Blue Fan Since '71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

Default GOAT Sutter quote

Some rag in AZ is doing a series on how the Kings whipped the Yotes' butts in the 2012 playoffs.

Per an article linked in LAKI, Sutter said (regarding the Brown hit on Roszival):

"It was a playoff hit. Brown knocked Rozsival on his ass. It’s what happens in the playoffs all the time. The ruckus on the ice was more because they knew we were beating them up and it was game over. That’s the way it goes in the playoffs. Do you want to earn championships or do you want to not get hit?”

That instantly became my favorite quote (believe me, there are many close seconds!). A real hockey coach's quote. Hadn't seen it before.

Who's with me?

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SOKingFan View Post
    Some rag in AZ is doing a series on how the Kings whipped the Yotes' butts in the 2012 playoffs.

Per an article linked in LAKI, Sutter said (regarding the Brown hit on Roszival):

"It was a playoff hit. Brown knocked Rozsival on his ass. It’s what happens in the playoffs all the time. The ruckus on the ice was more because they knew we were beating them up and it was game over. That’s the way it goes in the playoffs. Do you want to earn championships or do you want to not get hit?”

That instantly became my favorite quote (believe me, there are many close seconds!). A real hockey coach's quote. Hadn't seen it before.

Who's with me?
    Hard clean hit with purpose.

Doan showed this lack of leadership afterwards

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
    Hard clean hit with purpose.

Doan showed this lack of leadership afterwards
    Doan thought that Brown hit Rosival knee on knee, and went after him. I would have, too.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    510 Post(s)

Yea, Sutter had a lot of great quotes. Plus the only HC that got the Kings 2 Stanley Cups.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SOKingFan View Post

Who's with me?
    And by "Some rag in AZ", I think you mean The Athletic
    https://theathletic.com/1819723/2020...lean-or-dirty/

Some good quotes in there from Brad Richardson:
    “Brownie is so good at toeing the line between what’s clean and dirty that he almost makes it look like it was an accident every time he does it, like, ‘Oh, my bad,’” said Richardson, who was Brown’s teammate on that 2011-12 team. “He knows exactly what he’s doing. I saw him do it for years in L.A. and he still does it now. He’s the best at accidental contact. He’ll hammer you and somehow fall and trip and make it look like it was an accident.

“Yeah, it was dirty and it probably should have been a penalty but I don’t think it changes the series in any way.”

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)

"You ain't get nothing for three" is a pretty good one as well.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    852 Post(s)

The way 'yotes fan were crying, it seems like Brownie blew out Rosival's knee into oblivion...

"Phoenix Coyotes GM Don Maloney confirmed there is no structural damage to the knee of Michal Rozsival.
    The Coyotes defenceman was injured in overtime of Game 5 of the Western Conference final during a knee-on-knee collision with Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown.

Maloney told local reporters on Thursday that Rozsival has a knee/thigh bruise.

Brown was highly criticized after the overtime hit on Rozsival but the Kings forward will not face discipline from the National Hockey League.
    The Coyotes were furious after the Game 5 loss that the hit took place after the whistle was blown.

“If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play, then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever,” Coyotes goalie Mike Smith told reporters after the game."

This is the same Smith slashed at Brown's knee while Brown stood outside the paint - and who attempted a huge slash (barely missed) at Mike Richards moments after Penner's OT winner.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)

Richardson is full of it and I don't care if he was a teammate at the time.. The facts are that there is no way anyone could have stopped on that play after the whistle. Nor was it "knee on knee"...it was a charlie horse at worst. Nor did Brown stick out his knee. Also, how can the outcome NOT change if the Kings got a penalty there? It was OT for chrissakes. Richardson needs to buy a clue.

Mike Smith is also full of it...but we already knew that.

I can understand Doan's reaction though. I thought he got screwed when he was thrown out of an earlier game so he was probably a bit pissed.

Whatever the case, the Yotes pretty much got outplayed the whole series so maybe that is what Richardson was alluding to.

jom

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1134 Post(s)

Yotes should be furious with themselves for losing their composure after the hit happened. Penner took advantage of that

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)