Thread: Kings Defensemen for the next 2-3 years

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1135 Post(s)

I believe that Anderson and Bjornfot are the real deal and will play a lot this year. I'm less excited about Clague and Durzi. However, I do like Hults as a bottom pairing guy too, but he's at least a year away.

And it will be interesting if guys like Moverare, Strand or Nousiainen can make the team. Unlikely, but you never know who take a step forward like Iafallo did.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3473 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    I believe that Anderson and Bjornfot are the real deal and will play a lot this year. I'm less excited about Clague and Durzi. However, I do like Hults as a bottom pairing guy too, but he's at least a year away.

And it will be interesting if guys like Moverare, Strand or Nousiainen can make the team. Unlikely, but you never know who take a step forward like Iafallo did.
    I haven't watched enough of Anderson, but I agree with you on Bjornfot. I think the Kings may have gotten a steal in the draft with that kid. And Matt Roy has a good shot of having a solid NHL career too.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I haven't watched enough of Anderson, but I agree with you on Bjornfot. I think the Kings may have gotten a steal in the draft with that kid. And Matt Roy has a good shot of having a solid NHL career too.
    I thought we saw enough of Anderson to know that he has shown pretty good instincts. Reads well enough for his age/experience. Hope he uses this off time to get stronger in his upper body. But his legs seem good and he skates well. I would still rather see Bjornfot pair with Drew if the kid is ready. Maybe Doughty's mentoring during a rebuild (no excessive pressure) might be more valuable than another year in the AHL? There was a lot to like about that pairing last year.

Anderson, Walker, Clague and Roy will have camp to sort out which duos make the best combinations.