Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    From the 2011 draft to today, 13 LAK selections have played 50+ games. 2 of the top 4 were given away for next to nothing. That might signal a problem.
    Kubalic, Cernak
    Shore, Andreoff, Pearson, CMiller, Ladue, Zykov, Brodzinski, Amadio, Kempe, Wagner, Roy

No wonder the Kings suck
    The Hickey fiasco let us all know that Lombardi's strength was not going to be in drafting. The Teubert pick made sure we clearly knew Dean's picks were destined to be duds. Add in a healthy dose of post-Cup panic trading and you get Nick Shore and Paul LaDue. Lombardi certainly had a parabolic career success line here in L.A.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)

Most points ever in a playoff game debut.. ugh.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Stick View Post
    You know, usually I only feel the need to post when you guys go a little overboard on criticism, but this time... how about - why couldn't they get him to play? Why didn't they do a better job at convincing this kid to come to the Kings. Clearly, the Blackhawks did it - and I would assume knew they could do it when they made the deal. We drafted this kid, lost him for almost nothing and he's a thirty goal scorer. I'm of the rare opinion that Blake is doing a great job, but this is a mistake by the organization and should be treated as such.

I guess I'm just amazed that you guys can get pissed about Doughty not being elite (and you're wrong, he is) while this team is hot garbage, but letting an elite prospect slip through your fingers - no biggie. Oh, LGK - you never change.
    Agreed. Hopefully everyone is watching this 5 point playoff debut. The Kings traded a 30-goal guy for nothing.

What is being done to fix the scouting and development staff to address this huge miss? We could really, really use a top 6 winger. The Kings are not Arizona or Winnipeg. Do we know why Kubalik did not want to sign here? Has that been addressed? Is there a real reason or is it just a convenient excuse. Hopefully there is an after-action review on this huge miss.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)

Geez. He wanted a guaranteed spot on the roster without having to earn it, When they couldn't (and shouldn't) offer that he decided he wouldn't play for us. EVER. Get over him.
    Are you going to guarantee a 7th round pick a spot without seeing him play above the OHL?
    Last edited by Trapper9; August 1st, 2020 at 09:05 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    Geez. He wanted a guaranteed spot on the roster without having to earn it, When they couldn't (and shouldn't) offer that he decided he wouldn't play for us. EVER. Get over him.
    Are you going to guarantee a 7th round pick a spot without seeing him play above the OHL?
    In what published account did it say he wanted a guaranteed roster spot? I didn't see that in the ESPN story. Or in The Athletic.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1622 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    He was the MVP of the Swiss League.
    Who were the Kings saving it for? Bring him over, give him a few games, then trade him if you want. Give him a one way contract and return to Europe if he flops. Where's the risk? $900k?
    Bad asset management. Like not utilizing cap space, lack of imagination.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    660 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    He was the MVP of the Swiss League.
    Who were the Kings saving it for? Bring him over, give him a few games, then trade him if you want. Give him a one way contract and return to Europe if he flops. Where's the risk? $900k?
    Bad asset management. Like not utilizing cap space, lack of imagination.
    I agree. This is first class bed-pooping on the part of the scouting department. If he's not going to sign without conditions, you don't spend the pick on him. On the other hand, it could have been one of those situations where it was known throughout the organization, and they thought, "oh, we'll convince him to come to Ontario". We'll probably never know, but the latter seems to support Futa's dismissal, assuming he was the decision maker. To me, it seems that it's a pretty huge embarrassment for the organization.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)

Kings drafting of euros and Russians and the way they develop those prospects is the exact reason Kubalik refused to sign. If If I was him I would do the same thing .
    Last edited by gokor84; August 4th, 2020 at 10:48 AM.