Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holding Court: Who Should the Kings Draft at #2?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    947 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    I think we are all in violent agreement.
    Vilardi looks like a really good 2C. He just needs more time to cement his position there and also to prove he can stay healthy. Madden and Turcotte remain unproven. We've had plenty of top picks who never lived up to their draft position like Hickey or Teurbert. Pick the BPA and make people earn the spot. There should be enough time in QB's development that we can see what we have in the other 3 guys before we need to find significant ice time for QB.
    We saw some good stuff from Gabe but it's still a small sample. Listen to the recent Kings Men Podcast where Jesse and Jim do an evaluation on him and they are spot on. I think the next season will be very telling for him and where he'll land in the lineup.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4253 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    i'm not saying he hasn't looked good and that i don't expect him to be a top 6 center, but he certainly hasn't cemented that position. He played 10 games on the Kings. That's a far cry from, "proven". Neither Alex Turcotte, nor Tyler Madden have played a single professional hockey game. So while I do agree that they are "expected" to play top 6 roles, i'd be very happy drafting Byfield right now since none of these guys have done anything to cement their top 6 spots.
    If they do draft Byfield, I believe we will see him and Vilardi emerge as 1A & 1B centermen within 2-3 years. I still think Turcotte's NHL future is as a LW. Kopi will make a great 3C. JAD may be better suited to the 4C role than Lizotte.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I think Kopitar would do well on the wing if we have to make room for Byfield. I like Turcotte on the wing, but can he play wing? Lizotte is a great 3rd line center so I think he should stay there. He really impressed me this season. Byfield or bust!