Click Here!
Page 154 of 166 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1660

Thread: The Official MMA Thread

Few more tidbits:

Aoki will fight Melendex for the SF lightweight title. Gotta question the logic of a guy who doesn't technically fight for your org getting a title shot. Wonder what Aoki will do about his pants.

Rogers vs Overeem is now for the title. A guy coming off a loss definitely deserves a title shot, right?

So nothing on this last weekend's WEC card? I caught the replay yesterday and it was just a depressing night. The latest (and hopefully last) Jens Pulver loss. Miguel Torres looking tentative throughout the fight, then panicking when he got caught with that elbow. Dominick Cruz at least had an entertaining style that Brian Bowles didn't know what to do with... broken hand or not. That flying knee from the undercard was a thing of beauty.

Not sure if anyone pays attention to this thread anymore, but...

Decent card on Saturday night. Stout vs Stephens was a slug fest as most expected. Kimbo looked like garbage again and (finally) got cut for his efforts. Mitrione didn't look great IMO, but he looked good compared to Kimbo.

Cote vs Belcher: I thought Cote was looking okay until the piledriver. From what I understand, because he didn't land on the top of his head, the move was legal, but clearly it dazed him pretty good. Too bad, but he's not one to back down from a challenge, so he'll be back in no time.

Koscheck vs. Daley: I didn't think I could hate Koscheck any more, but then he goes and fakes another injury. Now, granted, we only got presented with a couple of camera angles, but in the ones that I saw, Kos' head didn't even move when the knee supposedly hit him, and then he looks at the ref for a second before flopping around like he was shot. Good overall gameplan by Koscheck, but it was extremely boring. And Daley's sucker punch at the end was a b**** move and he deserved to get cut as a result. Kos will do a good job of building the fight with GSP on TUF, but I hope he doesn't plan on winning the title by wrestling only.

Shogun vs. Machida: Nice work by Shogun. He clearly wasn't afraid of Machida and it paid off. The shot that dropped Machida didn't look like much, but I guess it hit his temple and Shogun jumped all over it. I was surprised how quickly Shogun was able to get up the couple times Machida took him down.

Next up:
    Kos: GSP obviously
    Mitrione: probably someone like Struve or Schaub
    Belcher: definitely not Silva.
    Cote: Sakara or Quarry maybe?
    Shogun: winner of Rampage / Rashad
    Machida: probably Forrest once he's healthy.

Interesting seeing Mitrione fighting in UFC again. Didn't he just fight Lashley in Strikeforce?
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Life is a highway
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OvertimeHero View Post
    Koscheck vs. Daley: I didn't think I could hate Koscheck any more, but then he goes and fakes another injury. Now, granted, we only got presented with a couple of camera angles, but in the ones that I saw, Kos' head didn't even move when the knee supposedly hit him, and then he looks at the ref for a second before flopping around like he was shot.
    My thoughts exactly. Had the knee connected with his head/face as he would have you believe, I would think his head would've snapped back. I was looking for someone to call him for diving! LOL

UFC fighter predicts Penguins victory in front of Montreal crowd - Puck Daddy - NHL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSveKmmupQ]YouTube - Josh Koscheck Post Fight Interview UFC 113 - Pittsburgh Penguins // Montreal Canadiens[/ame]

A Pennsylvania native, Koscheck admitted he's not much of a hockey fan. But with the Pittsburgh Penguins entrenched in a playoff series with the Canadiens, Koscheck took the opportunity to lash out at the Montreal faithful as they booed his victory.

"I knew that if they booed me, then I was going to get even with them," Koscheck said. "I didn't know that the Penguins did beat the what is it, the Habs? tonight. That didn't go over too well."

Koscheck vs. Daley: I didn't think I could hate Koscheck any more, but then he goes and fakes another injury. Now, granted, we only got presented with a couple of camera angles, but in the ones that I saw, Kos' head didn't even move when the knee supposedly hit him, and then he looks at the ref for a second before flopping around like he was shot. Good overall gameplan by Koscheck, but it was extremely boring. And Daley's sucker punch at the end was a b**** move and he deserved to get cut as a result. Kos will do a good job of building the fight with GSP on TUF, but I hope he doesn't plan on winning the title by wrestling only.
    UFC 113 EXCLUSIVE Paul Daley issues fulsome apology to Koscheck UFC and fans – Telegraph Blogs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfpiZWgyaDg]YouTube - Paul Daley cheap shot[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    Interesting seeing Mitrione fighting in UFC again. Didn't he just fight Lashley in Strikeforce?
    That was Wes Sims. He was also on the last TUF series.

I'm not saying what Daley did was right

....but I understand

Also, I predict Overeem pulls out of the fight on thursday or friday. He doesn't fight here because of the drug testing, I don't expect him to start now

That was Wes Sims. He was also on the last TUF series.
    That's right, I get those 2 confused. Matt is the former football player.
    I AM THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!