Click Here!
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The wine thread

Bear Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Let me be the first to wish you all a happy Nouveau Day tomorrow!

ugh.

There is nothing wrong with Beaujolais Nouveau. Enjoy it for what it is.

Im drinking way more wine than I am beer these days. A glass or two before bed has been my thing lately. Helps me sleep, and wine is just simply delicious.

I've been grabbing a few bottles each week at Trader Joe's. I don't keep track of what I've had (like I do with beer) but I am doing pretty well at remembering what I've had just based off memory alone. Had a nice red wine the other night I got from Trader Joe's. Its out of Mendocino County and had a skeleton pirate on the artwork. Also had a red wine from Spain that wasn't bad, and just wrapped up a bottle of a Vaca Cabernet Sauvignon which might be the best wine I've ever had, simply due to the fact that you could really taste the barrel in this one.

I've got an Italian red wine lined up next, and a bottle of something called Cabernet Franc?

Here is a good one...Its on sale too.

2002 Sloan Cabernet Napa Valley (750ml)
    What sets him apart is that he’s big, and he can skate, and he can protect the puck from anyone. If you’re trying to get it and he doesn’t want you to get, you’re not going to. -Justin Williams on Kopitar

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Hipcheck View Post
    Here is a good one...Its on sale too.

2002 Sloan Cabernet Napa Valley (750ml)

LOL. Napa cult wine prices are worse than Burgundy prices.

I know you guys don't see much in paying the napa premiums but my wife and I have been enjoying William Hill Estates Chardonay's recently. They've come from a long way and now the 08 and 09 are really pretty tasty. They also had a Dijon clone that was pretty good.
    Another one to give a go is the Heitz Cellar 05 Cab. I really enjoyed it and it's consistently $30 at BevMo.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I know you guys don't see much in paying the napa premiums but my wife and I have been enjoying William Hill Estates Chardonay's recently. They've come from a long way and now the 08 and 09 are really pretty tasty. They also had a Dijon clone that was pretty good.
    Another one to give a go is the Heitz Cellar 05 Cab. I really enjoyed it and it's consistently $30 at BevMo.

The wines you mention are reasonably priced. I'm talking about Screaming Eagle prices over here.

Australian Blend: Tait Ball Buster. It was recommended to me as a "big" wine. It certainly lived up to the billing. Great bang for your buck at $15.

Anyone have any recommendations for BevMo's 5c wine sale? Wife likes Chardonnay, will sometimes go for Reisling (she's allergic to reds).
    Was hoping to pick something up for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for BevMo's 5c wine sale? Wife likes Chardonnay, will sometimes go for Reisling (she's allergic to reds).
    Was hoping to pick something up for the weekend.
    yeah, my recommendation is stay away from that garbage.