Thread: The wine thread

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2985 Post(s)

Just got a bottle of the Patine to try out. Going to have to wait until some of my travel is done. Hope to report that it's worth the price considering the individual bottle price is not for the beginner. If anyone has already had some please let me know what you thought.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2985 Post(s)

Damn really nobody has had any wine?

Ok Had the Patine, it was very nice. Not sure I'd spring for cases of it but definitely keep a bottle stocked at all times

Luna Petit Verdot was given to me as a gift and I used a bit in some beef bourguignon, it went quite well with the rest of the bottle.

Toasted Head Untamed Red is not a bad bottle for 12 bux. Had it post sushi and no complaints all things considered

El Tinto lot 35 got it in a hotel restaurant for 20 bux to take back to the room. Supposedly local to Tahoe and as a Red mix pegging the usual markup I'd buy cases of the stuff for $3-$5 each. I was very reasonably pleased to not have to go down the street in chains.

Cmon someone else drink something tasty so I can take it with me when I go.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)

Alright fellow winos. I just got confirmation of my allocation for 4 cases of 2014 Kosta Browne wines (more than I can afford to keep). I've got Chardonnay and various pinots. Hit me up via PM if you want to buy a bottle. $80 each plus shipping.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    Domaine Carneros' Famous Gate is fantastic.
    Quoting myself for a reason. I was rereading this thread and trying to figure out what to drink tonight. Having read this, I'm going to trot down to the cellar and get a bottle of Famous Gate that I bought about the time I posted this. Buy 'em and store 'em fellas!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Never been to anything similar up north, but have gone a number of times to the the barrel tastings in Temecula.

The various wineries have food to go with the wines they are showcasing. Everything was pretty chaotic, but we always had a good time.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Damn really nobody has had any wine?

Ok Had the Patine, it was very nice. Not sure I'd spring for cases of it but definitely keep a bottle stocked at all times

Luna Petit Verdot was given to me as a gift and I used a bit in some beef bourguignon, it went quite well with the rest of the bottle.

Toasted Head Untamed Red is not a bad bottle for 12 bux. Had it post sushi and no complaints all things considered

El Tinto lot 35 got it in a hotel restaurant for 20 bux to take back to the room. Supposedly local to Tahoe and as a Red mix pegging the usual markup I'd buy cases of the stuff for $3-$5 each. I was very reasonably pleased to not have to go down the street in chains.

Cmon someone else drink something tasty so I can take it with me when I go.
    My wife really liked the Paxis red blend (Portugal) from costco. Was 6 bucks and rated over 90 points

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2985 Post(s)

Hawthorne Ridge was at our local fresh market. The merlot for 6 bux a bottle is something I could get a wicked hangover from