Click Here!
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Padres will win the West

TONGA

that's a lot of excuses for a team choking... deal with it

I couldn't hear you through all the gagging from down south.

You may want to have that checked out, it seems to be chronic.

SDeezy chocked. Plain and simple. The real test will be this coming season. Seeing how their young guns fell off a cliff, there should be some hangover. If Bud Black can keep them in the hunt, then he really is doing an incredible job. I expect them to come back down to earth big timenext season. Sadly this means being better than Los Doyers.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBarlow View Post
    Yes the Padres did finish ahead of the Dodgers, and NO I do not consider this a big choke job. When the Chargers are favored to win the Super Bowl and can't get out of the 1st round, that's a choke. Considering the Padres had a payroll of about $38 million and NO pre season baseball publication had them finishing above 4th or fifth and the Dodgers having a payroll of $93 million, a hall of fame coach, a $25 million dollar player in ManRam and every baseball publication having them finishing no worst then 1st or 2nd, isnot considered a choke job.

Sure they had a 1st place lead for most of the year, but their young arms gave out and they never had a decent #1 or #2 hitter. No team con come back from a 10 game losing streak. And it looks like the team that finished one game above them for first is going to win the world series.

Choke job, I don't think so. They just finished stronger them they did the year before and next year will improve on what they did last year. They have more starting pitching then they know what to do with, Ryan Ludwick will be there at the begining of they year and the only two pieces the Padres need to compete are a Center fielder and a SS that can get on base and score runs. Their arms will be a year older and stronger and who knows what they will get for AG. Yes, he will be gone and we have a Mr. Kyle Blanks waiting to take over 1B once he's gone.

What do the Dodgers have? A huge payroll with guys like Juan Pierre and Jason Schmidt still on the books, the owners going through a nasty divorce, a rookie manager, and a crappy pitching staff.

The Padres are a better team and will be next year too. And no I would not root for a NHL team if there were to be one in SD. I was born a King fan and will die a Kings fan. Besides, I live in Denver now, not San Diego. The Kings are SoCals hockey team. How has the NFL worked out in L.A. recently too? You all should be rooting for the Chargers, they started in L.A. and have never left SoCal. The Raiders just left Oakland for a vacation. They blow and only thugs root for th
    The Padres will win the NL wild Card.

Good night Now!
    Here we go again with the payroll ****. So just because the Padres having a low payroll means it's okay for them to choke? As for the Dodgers having a higher payroll, $93 million ain't **** compared to the payrolls of the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Phillies, and Cubs. What a pathetic excuse you're making. "Ooooo look at our payroll! It's so low that choking the division away should be considered a success! Do we get a trophy?"

That 10-game losing streak proved to be a fluky 2010 season your team was having.

Kyle Blanks? Is he gonna be the first Padre homegrown offensive all star since Tony Gwynn? We all know how ****ty the PAdre farm system has been when it comes to producing hitters.

Don't be so ****ing stupid. Again, the $93 million payroll is not considered high anymore in this era and it will only get lower next year. Don't blame the Dodgers that your team has always been a cheapass. Juan Pierre is now with the White Sox. Jason Schmidt was off the books after 2009. So get your facts straight.

As for an NHL team in San Diego, I wish there was one before you became a Kings fan so that you wouldn't have existed on LGK.
    Last edited by UnderPressure; November 3rd, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post

Don't be so ****ing stupid. Again, the $93 million payroll is not considered high anymore in this era and it will only get lower next year. Don't blame the Dodgers that your team has always been a cheapass. Juan Pierre is now with the White Sox. Jason Schmidt was off the books after 2009. So get your facts straight.

As for an NHL team in San Diego, I wish there was one before you became a Kings fan so that you wouldn't have existed on LGK.

According to this Shmidt was owed 2.5 mil in 2010 and Pierre 7 mil. Get YOUR facts straight buddy boy.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodg...ll-update.html

And I started going to Kings games in 1990 when I was being raised in Orange County, well before there was a team called the 'Ducks' moved to San Diego in the late 90's. HOw long have you been going to games for? Hell I even used to go see Fernando and Jerry Reuss pitch at Chavez Ravine when my firends dad had season seats. But I got out of baseball because of the cancellation of the World Series and was reintroduced when I moved to San Diego, the greatest city in the U.S. so naturally I became a Padre fan. Have fun choking on the smog in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBarlow View Post
    According to this Shmidt was owed 2.5 mil in 2010 and Pierre 7 mil. Get YOUR facts straight buddy boy.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodg...ll-update.html

And I started going to Kings games in 1990 when I was being raised in Orange County, well before there was a team called the 'Ducks' moved to San Diego in the late 90's. HOw long have you been going to games for? Hell I even used to go see Fernando and Jerry Reuss pitch at Chavez Ravine when my firends dad had season seats. But I got out of baseball because of the cancellation of the World Series and was reintroduced when I moved to San Diego, the greatest city in the U.S. so naturally I became a Padre fan. Have fun choking on the smog in L.A.

That was for last year. So get something that is actually updated, Whale's Vagina boy.

You got out of baseball because of the cancellation of the World Series? I wish you would've done the same thing with hockey when the 04-05 season was canceled and started rooting for the Avs. How ****ing sad is it that Anaheim of all places has an NHL team while the second largest city in California doesn't? So much for the "greatest city in the USA," eh?

I think even you are smart enough to know that Dodger fans are not in denial that this abortion of an ownership is gonna deal with this mes for more years to come.

Remember Padre fan, ALWAYS remember: You are a Padre fan who also roots for a team that is from L.A. You have no room to talk **** about L.A.

BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

...and Go Kings!

- Padres/Kings fans
    Last edited by UnderPressure; November 5th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

Care to make any early prechoketions for 2011, Jack???

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb...ory?id=5882356

yeah, ere goingto do better then the Dodgers, with or without AGone and his bad shoulder.

Sooner or later, you'll come to realize the Padres are in full Swap Meet mode for the upcoming season and will be battling Arizona for the West's cellar dweller.

Despite some pretty good pitching, the Padres will be lucky to finish ahead of anybody in the NL West. Gonzalez was their only strong hitter and he's in Boston now and hasn't been replaced. And no way La Roche or Lee go to SD as they wont get paid there. So Troy Glaus now? Wow, what a downgrade.

Padres just wont score enough, so their pitching better be awesome if they want to win, and I just don't see it happening. Hoyer is an outstanding young GM, but his hands are really tied, so they better develop their hitters in a hurry as no decent FA is going to come to SD.