Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    TONGA

Sorry LA but we spent our "parade money" on clean up and some new public service vehicles thanks to the "celebration". Maybe next time you'll control yourselves.

soddoff

Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DRice View Post
    Its not just L.A. Many cities are reduced to rubble after a sports championship. It IS ridiculous though.

And don't think it will be any better if the Kings ever win The Cup. This city will burn like never before!
    I honestly don't think that true Kings fans would do anything that stupid. Maybe bandwagoners, or some of those occasional spectators who use the game as an excuse to get drunk and act like a total *******. We fans who go to all the games and have been supporting the Kings all these years will be very quiet. Because we will all be in a dead faint in our seats, or unable to move due to extreme shock.

Liked
    303 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

8 LAPD officers injured in Lakers celebrations [Updated] | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Easy solution.....when the **** started at Hearn and Fig, police should have used tear gas and pepper spray to break it up.

Liked
    5939 times
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1507 Post(s)

What I don't seem to understand is why people would trash their own city. Granted, most of them there probably aren't even real fans and just want a lame excuse to riot and loot.

I also don't understand why the cops don't do anything. I saw mosh pits happen near the cops and people just run into the officers. Just ARREST THEM. Especially after you gave one warning.

The same goes for people setting bonfires and whatnot. All I saw were the officers putting it out and that was it. You quickly arrest these people and soon enough, the troublemakers will get the hint and cut the crap.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

While it seems like most of you are allergic to the "like" button, I just want to personally say thanks for looking anyway.

Rink Dawg

Darryl Sutter has a posse SuperCalo2000's Avatar

Liked
    530 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Cross Traffic;1500437

Easy solution.....when the **** started at Hearn and Fig, police should have used tear gas and pepper spray to break it up.[/QUOTE]

I second this.

Most of those idiots aren't even Lakers fans. Sadly this would probably happen if the Kings won too. Hence why Cross Traffic's idea should be implemented.

See disclosure notice

Liked
    684 times
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoobyTrap View Post
    i'm not taking furlough days just so the city can have money to a stupid laker parade.
    this^
    Disclosure Notice: The above listed post is that of a disgruntled hockey fan on the internet and in no way should be taken as truth or any substance. It does not reflect the views of the host website or its sponsors. If you are offended, please take a moment to reflect on what was written, and then ask yourself whether or not there should have been a “/sarcasm” next to the statement. If you feel the poster took the comment too far, write a letter to Santa. Maybe that will help.
    Now go away.

Liked
    490 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    What I don't seem to understand is why people would trash their own city. Granted, most of them there probably aren't even real fans and just want a lame excuse to riot and loot.

I also don't understand why the cops don't do anything. I saw mosh pits happen near the cops and people just run into the officers. Just ARREST THEM. Especially after you gave one warning.

The same goes for people setting bonfires and whatnot. All I saw were the officers putting it out and that was it. You quickly arrest these people and soon enough, the troublemakers will get the hint and cut the crap.
    Well the other thing I said last night was if the news wasn't showing it, people still at home might not get the idea of "Hey let's go down to Staples Center and stir up trouble" At the same time it's a legit news story, especially when they started looting a few stores and climbing up on the freeway.

And of course it's not the real Laker fans causing trouble. It's people who want to cause trouble doing it. Most people probably aren't going to think "I'm going to ESPN zone to watch the game, where are my M-80s for when the Lakers win."

Liked
    2559 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    591 Post(s)

Does seem rather silly that the city would pay for something like this, especially considering the financial situation. A real kick in the face for the people who got laid off and forced to take furloughs.

The Blue Elixir of Life Blueline's Avatar

Liked
    440 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

No need for a parade or celebration if the Kings win the Stanley Cup...all true Kings fans would have died from a heart attack.

Available for Parties

Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the city will receive a lot of benefits, especially from parking tax, if they host the parade

-_Sf