Liked
    156 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

I enjoy watching MLS and I root for the Galaxy but I've never been to a game. I mostly watch MLS games to check out the up and coming/future U.S. national players. I agree with those that say the quality of play has definitely increased substantially over the last few years. It's great to see the passionate crowds in Seattle and Philly, can't wait to see how those crazy fans in Portland react to their team next year

1st Scoring Line

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kba4life2 View Post
    I enjoy watching MLS and I root for the Galaxy but I've never been to a game. I mostly watch MLS games to check out the up and coming/future U.S. national players. I agree with those that say the quality of play has definitely increased substantially over the last few years. It's great to see the passionate crowds in Seattle and Philly, can't wait to see how those crazy fans in Portland react to their team next year
    If a guy leaves MLS to Europe it's pretty much a sure bet he'll be playing for the US national team soon enough. What I find disturbing is the fact that players who play in MLS and get a shot at the national team through MLS usually fail. Except for Donovan not many success stories.

1st Scoring Line

Liked
    156 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingsFan4Ever View Post
    If a guy leaves MLS to Europe it's pretty much a sure bet he'll be playing for the US national team soon enough. What I find disturbing is the fact that players who play in MLS and get a shot at the national team through MLS usually fail. Except for Donovan not many success stories.
    Its sad but true. At the very least MLS gives talented up and comers the chance to get noticed. On a more positive note, Stuart Holden is a definite success story for MLS (although he left on a free). He played very well in MLS and in turn got opportunites with the National team where he continued his good run of form. He then signed with Bolton and as soon as he was fit to play he started...albeit only a few games until De Jong broke his leg.

From the little bit that I've read it seems as though he is going to be a starting in the middle for Bolton this weekend so a permanent starting job is his to lose. For a guy to come right out of MLS and start almost immediately for a decent EPL club is good for MLS. Even Dempsey had to bide his time on the bench when he first arrived. Slowly but surely things are starting to change...

Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I am a Galaxy fan. Plan on going to see Henry and Marquez on Sept 24.

I also watch other MLS games on FSC and ESPN2. While not a huge MLS fan, I know I am more of a MLS fan than most soccer fans in the US.

BTW I don't really like the Galaxy announcers especially the PBP guy. Mark Rogindino is okay.

Liked
    118 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

LA lost to San Jose today in a good game I thought. 1-0 and the Galaxy had a few chances, but could not come thru at the end.

Anyway, still a fun game to watch nonetheless.

Liked
    147 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Buschie was a monster for San Jose. Chivas USA lost again giving up another late goal. I fear they are DONE for this year.

Liked
    1359 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Melfice View Post
    LA lost to San Jose today in a good game I thought. 1-0 and the Galaxy had a few chances, but could not come thru at the end.

Anyway, still a fun game to watch nonetheless.
    I was up in san jose for it. Too bad. Agreed with sux, Busch had a monster game.

and a horrible miscommunication by the G's on the goal

Oh yeah absolutely I mean UnderPressure's Avatar

Liked
    66 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I mist say that the 2010 World Cup made me fall in love with the sport (along with the World Cup video game and FIFA 11). MLS is growing. Teams are starting to have soccer-only stadiums. They no longer have to play on NFL fields. Hopefully the league doesn't continue to lose young studs such as Jozy Altidore to Europe (I am a Villarreal fan because of him). Go Galaxy.

Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Time to bump this thread in time for MLS playoffs, should be a fun series between Galaxy v Sounders.

Liked
    147 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSeren View Post
    Time to bump this thread in time for MLS playoffs, should be a fun series between Galaxy v Sounders.
    I WILL BE A SOUNDERS FAN for this series