11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    I enjoyed Planet Hulk more than either of the two Hulk films.
    Same here, although the idea that the "good" guys would just shoot Hulk out into space to alleviate his threat is completely stupid. Once he got there, though, it was all good.

Liked
    11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)

First Of The DC WTF Covers Revealed - Jim Starlin's Stormwatch Gives Us A New 52 Reboot? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

From this and other comments he’s made about that first cover being the last time he drew those particular characters (referring to the left hand side of the gatefold) it looks like they’re just scrapping Stormwatch up till this point, and replacing the characters with a Stormwatch from another dimension – which happens to include several of the same characters as before, but in costumes more like they had in the old Wildstorm days, especially Midnighter who is wearing an exact copy of Bryan Hitch’s original design for him.
    DC is so confused.

Liked
    11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)

Hating ties is dumb. Dr. Naysay's Avatar

Liked
    1366 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    DC is so confused.
    No they're not. They just don't give a ****.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar

Liked
    6392 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1419 Post(s)

Will Beall’s JUSTICE LEAGUE Script Reportedly Scrapped | Collider

Over at Badass Digest, Devin is hearing from multiple sources that Beall’s script has been scrapped. Apparently each of his sources claim that the script is “terrible,” with some even saying that the quality of the screenplay is the reason why WB has been unable to land a good director (this isn’t hard to believe seeing as how Beall’s script for Gangster Sqaud was quite disappointing). We previously heard that Beall’s story involves the villain Darkseid and “a heavy cosmic threat,” with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern set as the film’s primary heroes, but if his script is indeed being thrown out, that could mean a wholly new story and/or different characters.

I’ve been unconvinced that Justice League could make the 2015 release date for a while now, and if Badass Digest’s report does indeed turn out to be true, it seems unlikely that the film could hit theaters in just two years. A new script will have to be written, a director will have to be found (who will have his own input on the screenplay), a prolonged casting process will need to take place, and then there’s the lengthy production and post-production schedule to take into account.

Though this recent development is certainly disconcerting, it’s been clear for a some time that Warner Bros. isn’t entirely sure how to approach Justice League. Marvel threw the gauntlet down hard with The Avengers, so the DC superhero team-up film is feeling the pressure. Maybe this development isn’t such a bad thing, though. I’d rather have a high-quality Justice League movie in 2016 or 2017 rather than a rushed, subpar Justice League movie in 2015. We should hear more regarding the film soon as we approach the June 14th release of Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel.

Liked
    11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)

Jesus... I can't believe how much trouble they're having just getting their **** together.

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar

Liked
    6392 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1419 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Jesus... I can't believe how much trouble they're having just getting their **** together.
    Seems pretty easy. Give it to the Wachowskis to develop from the ground floor. Really, Superman aside, this is one that they HAVE to get right. The entire future of the company may depend on it. DC can only afford to be sooooo far behind Marvel before it affects all aspects of their company. I really question management. The NEW 52 has been an incredible fail so far. Even when they succeed they sabatoge themselves. Not being chicken little, but the future of the comics division WILL hinge on whether they can draw in more crossover audience by having successful movie franchises. It just feels like the market is going to be filled with MARVEL and Star Wars properties film wise, DC needs to be comparable to be valid.

Liked
    11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    446 Post(s)

DC Cancels Firestorm, Ravagers, Hawkman, Deathstroke, Sword Of Sorcery And Team 7. - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Jeez. Team 7 is, what, 4 months old? I think that's about as many issues as Justin Jordan has been on Deathstroke, too.

Creative changes will see Mike Johnson leave Supergirl, Michael Alan Nelson (from Boom) replacing him. Defalco leaves Superboy, Justin Jordan in. Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray take over Batwing with an all-new armor. And Francis Portela comes back to Legion of Superheroes… Yeah, as we told you Keith Giffen didn’t even last for soil issues he was solicited for.
    Sheesh.