9493 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    278 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adgy-san View Post
    Yeah, seriously, you would think something like that would be ****ing obvious, but... nope, never thought of it.
    Don't feel bad, I missed the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus
    This is timely since I just rewatched Totall Recall which is like one of the greatest things ever!

The 10 Greatest Movies of SFX Master Rob Bottin - Topless Robot

Rob Bottin is the man! I didn't know he worked on Legend too.
    A number of years ago Bottin had his place near where I work. It was a nondescript building without any type of sign or business name on it. You could have walked or driven past it a hundred times without ever knowing Bottin did his magic there. As it happened I would, on occasion, have to go there to check and inspect equipment. When you first went in (and someone had to let you in after you pressed a buzzer) there was a life size model/statue of Robo Cop to greet you and you would walk through the office which had fantastic and weird creatures in various spots. Then you would walk through a big work area where various people were making molds, painting various creations and doing all sorts of things that go into making Bottin's creations.

Met Bottin a couple of times (I had to keep it professional so I could not geek out) pretty nice guy, but usually he was closely working with with his artists on the floor so I would deal with his assistant. Once I could not go so I sent a workmate to do the inspection. He came back wide-eyed, just amazed at the stuff in the place and he told me that he passed by a conference room where a meeting of "scary looking guys" was taking place, by his description of them I am pretty sure one of them was Rob Zombie and another was Danzig.

That place was way cool and they were always working on spectacular monsters or creatures. I was bummed when they moved.

Liked
    6020 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

Maybe Indy is a dolphin? :O
    Only by living absurdly is it possible to break out of this infinite absurdity.
    -Julio Cortazar

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar

Liked
    6392 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    Don't feel bad, I missed the rest of them.

A number of years ago Bottin had his place near where I work. It was a nondescript building without any type of sign or business name on it. You could have walked or driven past it a hundred times without ever knowing Bottin did his magic there. As it happened I would, on occasion, have to go there to check and inspect equipment. When you first went in (and someone had to let you in after you pressed a buzzer) there was a life size model/statue of Robo Cop to greet you and you would walk through the office which had fantastic and weird creatures in various spots. Then you would walk through a big work area where various people were making molds, painting various creations and doing all sorts of things that go into making Bottin's creations.

Met Bottin a couple of times (I had to keep it professional so I could not geek out) pretty nice guy, but usually he was closely working with with his artists on the floor so I would deal with his assistant. Once I could not go so I sent a workmate to do the inspection. He came back wide-eyed, just amazed at the stuff in the place and he told me that he passed by a conference room where a meeting of "scary looking guys" was taking place, by his description of them I am pretty sure one of them was Rob Zombie and another was Danzig.

That place was way cool and they were always working on spectacular monsters or creatures. I was bummed when they moved.
    I envy you sir.

Liked
    11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

Seriously, that's ****ing awesome!

Liked
    6020 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

I couldn't decide whether to put this here or not, but I figured that if Wile E. Coyote/Road Runner and that Zany Frank Zappa were involved, then why the heck not?

6 Parodies That Succeeded Because Nobody Got the Joke | Cracked.com
    -Julio Cortazar

I'llPutPenniesOnYourEyes jerseydevil's Avatar

Liked
    6392 times
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    I couldn't decide whether to put this here or not, but I figured that if Wile E. Coyote/Road Runner and that Zany Frank Zappa were involved, then why the heck not?

6 Parodies That Succeeded Because Nobody Got the Joke | Cracked.com
    Brilliant. Thank you for sharing that. Serious, that was awesome.

Liked
    11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)

I put the D in RICHARSON Luc SkyBomba's Avatar

Liked
    1115 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

i love the frighteners

Liked
    6020 times
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

I haven't seen The Frighteners.

These threads are just showing peeps how many cool movies I have never seen. *sigh*
    -Julio Cortazar

Liked
    11046 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    451 Post(s)