0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Tell me about it. I was super pumped about Tevez coming in, but it appeared he has done more damage than anything else. I believe Arsene Wenger does the right thing with new players, he lets them sit on the bench for most of the 1st half of the season as to let them see the style of play and not rock the boat with the senior players... Look how he has had Rosicky and Baptista come in and make a difference in the 2nd half...

I think with all the money West Ham will have they will be fine to acquire new players, especially in midfield where I feel like they are paper thin. I'm just not convinced by Etherington or Reo-cocker as starters for that matter, they haven't done squat all year and the midfield in general has a hard time getting the ball up to the forwards.

Curbishley unfortunately came in to manage when they were already desperate, sucks or him.
    Reo-cocker doesn't have his heart in it and wants away, probably Man Utd.

Its their defence that's the disaster, with Gabidon and Ferdinand looking like they know the ending to the movie before it starts.

Now Available In HD Italian Seafood's Avatar

Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Hesse View Post
    LOL.. How about those leftwing communists Livorno.
    Don't see much of them, either. I get Fox Soccer and GOL TV, usually every weekend it's Inter, AC Milan, a lot of Catania, and Roma. Fiorentina is moving up the table, so I'm hoping for more TV games later in the year.

I'm going to Italy in a few weeks, still undecided if I want to take the train up to the Fiorentina-Atalanta game or just hit a bar. Bars on a Sunday there should be a good time, too.

2nd Scoring Line

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Seafood View Post
    Don't see much of them, either. I get Fox Soccer and GOL TV, usually every weekend it's Inter, AC Milan, a lot of Catania, and Roma. Fiorentina is moving up the table, so I'm hoping for more TV games later in the year.

I'm going to Italy in a few weeks, still undecided if I want to take the train up to the Fiorentina-Atalanta game or just hit a bar. Bars on a Sunday there should be a good time, too.

Sounds great. I have a mate of mine who's from Florence. I haven't been there. I saw Juventus play in Turin a few seasons again. However, the fans were arseholes, as were the police.

My father was in the Army in Trieste . He sometimes used to watch them play but the Ultra's were and are fascists, just like Lazio.

Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds great. I have a mate of mine who's from Florence. I haven't been there. I saw Juventus play in Turin a few seasons again. However, the fans were arseholes, as were the police.

My father was in the Army in Trieste . He sometimes used to watch them play but the Ultra's were and are fascists, just like Lazio.
    I've heard bad things, and of course they just shut down a week because of a riot. I have business in Bologna and Fiorentina plays in Bergamo that weekend. It's a doable train ride, but I'm wondering if the atmosphere in a bar might not be better than going that far. I wouldn't advertise that I was rooting for Fiorentina, I barely even speak Italian, but nonetheless, I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Do they have places like we have for NFL Sundays, where they show all the games at the same time?

Mr. Irreverent

Reo-cocker doesn't have his heart in it and wants away, probably Man Utd.

Its their defence that's the disaster, with Gabidon and Ferdinand looking like they know the ending to the movie before it starts.
    Can't argue with you there either. It's a shame, but I have a feeling they will be okay next year in the championship...

Mr. Irreverent

Wow. They're on TV even less than Fiorentina.

Fox Soccer Channel just scored a deal with the Italian league for next season so there should be a lot more games. I'm super excited because I'm tired of seeing Catania every godamn week!

Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irreverent View Post
    Fox Soccer Channel just scored a deal with the Italian league for next season so there should be a lot more games. I'm super excited because I'm tired of seeing Catania every godamn week!
    Yeah, especially now with no crowds. I can understand the Milan teams, but I've seen almost every Catania game. That I don't get.

2nd Scoring Line

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, especially now with no crowds. I can understand the Milan teams, but I've seen almost every Catania game. That I don't get.
    Do you guys get the Serie B play-off games at the end of the season. I saw a couple last season and the crowds were poor.

krudmonk

I've heard bad things, and of course they just shut down a week because of a riot. I have business in Bologna and Fiorentina plays in Bergamo that weekend. It's a doable train ride, but I'm wondering if the atmosphere in a bar might not be better than going that far. I wouldn't advertise that I was rooting for Fiorentina, I barely even speak Italian, but nonetheless, I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Do they have places like we have for NFL Sundays, where they show all the games at the same time?
    You got my hopes up. I thought Atalanta would be playing on TV. If you don't go, you're a turd.

Mr. Irreverent

Do you guys get the Serie B play-off games at the end of the season. I saw a couple last season and the crowds were poor.
    On occasion we do, but I really don't watch these games as much. Now that el JUVE is involved, maybe I'll watch...