1309 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frolov24 View Post
    By my count it's likely half of the guys featured on the calendar will not be on the 2013 team; Loney is already on his 2nd team post Dodgers, Uribe is a goner, assuming Gamel is Rivera and neither will be a Dodger, and Capuano, Gordon, and Lilly are all unlikely to be on the roster.

Nice work, why not just do a retro superstar calendar? My choices: FP Santangelo, Trinidad Hubbard, Norihiro Nakamura, Brian Bohanon, Jose Lima, Jason Grabowski, Tripp Cromer, Wilton Guerrero, DJ Houlton, McKay Christensen, Omar Daal, and Charlie Haeger.
    Find a way to get Rafeal Bournigal and Roger Cedeno in there and I'll buy 3!

Darryl Sutter has a posse SuperCalo2000's Avatar

Liked
    530 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Nice work, why not just do a retro superstar calendar? My choices: FP Santangelo, Trinidad Hubbard, Norihiro Nakamura, Brian Bohanon, Jose Lima, Jason Grabowski, Tripp Cromer, Wilton Guerrero, DJ Houlton, McKay Christensen, Omar Daal, and Charlie Haeger.
    Ahhh Trinedad Hubbard. I still remember that game I saw at Candlestick. I believe he hit a leadoff homer and that was it for both teams. Carlos Perez (who amazingly you forgot to include on your list) pitched a complete game shutout. Man, what a game. Amazing. I believe Matt Luke signed my ticket stub that day too. Ah memories.

Tripp Cromer was a homie though. On the real. Skinny as heck but had surprising power.

Ah Lima time... R.I.P. Great moral playoff win against the Cards and had a lovely wife.

I'm still waiting for my Hiram Bocachica fathead.

Funny how I remember this but I can't tell you the birthdays of any of my siblings or parents.

Liked
    19656 times
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

Ahh...those were the days. I remember one night...must have been during the 2004 season...where we were way up in our reserve level, third base line seats during the sixth inning of a miserable game by the Dodgers while Grabowski was playing left field. The crowd was so quiet that, when my buddy Dennis and I stood up and yelled, "YOU SUCK GRABOWSKI!!!" he actually heard us, turned in our direction, and flipped us the bird.

He did suck, though.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

Everybody relax, I'm here KingThomas's Avatar

Liked
    492 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    Last edited by KingThomas; January 8th, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

Liked
    1309 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Liked
    530 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Ugh !!! Another channel ??? Stupid. Can you say sports programming bubble ?

Liked
    1309 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCalo2000 View Post
    Ugh !!! Another channel ??? Stupid. Can you say sports programming bubble ?
    The Kings TV deal is looking worse every single day. $21 M per season is nice but with the Dodgers and Lakers leaving Fox combined with the Kings winning the Cup while setting local TV viewership records during the Playoffs, Lieweke and Robitaille are looking pretty foolish for being so eager to get the Fox contract extended.

Liked
    530 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

I would normally agree with you but I bet the rating for the Dodgers and Laguneros are much higher than that of the Kings. I understand why networks pay for live sports (captive audience, guaranteed viewers, one of the few things men will actually watch on tv etc...) but the sums being paid is more than the team is supposedly worth. It always comes out of our pockets eventually. I'm just wondering when people will finally say enough to the high cable bills.

It is only a matter of time before a-la-carte becomes fashionable or Leagues just cut the cable middlemen out of the equation. Why am I paying for E!, Logo, A&E, We ? The sports team might even get more cash that way. Maybe not ? who knows and ultimately, who really cares ?

I am excited to see the Boys in Blue play though. They should all be in sync and ready to play ball. Am I expecting a World Series ? No but they are definitely in the running. Even with "super teams" things have to fall your way.

Liked
    1309 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCalo2000 View Post
    I would normally agree with you but I bet the rating for the Dodgers and Laguneros are much higher than that of the Kings. I understand why networks pay for live sports (captive audience, guaranteed viewers, one of the few things men will actually watch on tv etc...) but the sums being paid is more than the team is supposedly worth. It always comes out of our pockets eventually. I'm just wondering when people will finally say enough to the high cable bills.

It is only a matter of time before a-la-carte becomes fashionable or Leagues just cut the cable middlemen out of the equation. Why am I paying for E!, Logo, A&E, We ? The sports team might even get more cash that way. Maybe not ? who knows and ultimately, who really cares ?

I am excited to see the Boys in Blue play though. They should all be in sync and ready to play ball. Am I expecting a World Series ? No but they are definitely in the running. Even with "super teams" things have to fall your way.
    Hey, it can always get worse. Fans of Canadian NHL teams have to use PPV to watch some of their games. Now THAT is ****ed up.

Liked
    530 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

True but I'd almost rather do PPV than be stuck with Food Network and Oxygen. Then again, I don't have cable. I just want my sports and pron dang-nabbit ! I still say its a bubble and see the future being something like streams on GameCenter. Mind you, I don't mean within the next year but in like 5-10.