Liked
    1309 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    641 Post(s)

Our offense is garbage tonight. Surprise, surprise.

Hoya

Is there any doubt Bonds is taking one of Lurch's 85mph heaters out of the park tomorrow?

Liked
    303 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Joe Morgan AND a loser named Dave O'Brian who sounds alot like Gary Thorne while Socal gets the smooth delivery of Vin Scully.

Espn has now become BBPN, all Barry all the time.
    Last edited by Cross Traffic; July 31st, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbruin152 View Post
    Is there any doubt Bonds is taking one of Lurch's 85mph heaters out of the park tomorrow?
    Is there any doubt the Dodgers are going to get swept with Lurch and Tomko starting the next two games?

BerniernextRoy

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Traffic View Post
    Joe Morgan AND a loser named Dave O'Brian who sounds alot like Gary Thorne while Socal gets the smooth delivery of Vin Scully.

Joe Morgan was defending B*rry all night long.

Liked
    61 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twenty-four View Post
    Joe Morgan was defending B*rry all night long.
    Joe Morgan is the biggest ****ing douchebag in all of baseball commentating, although the color ******* for the Tigers (I just spent 9 days in Michigan) is trying REAL hard to be Joe Morgan part 2.
    The Original Pancake Hater

x Straight Edge x HULKING WAR MACHINE's Avatar

Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

My god this team makes me nucking futs

Now Available In HD Italian Seafood's Avatar

Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Traffic View Post
    True. In the bottom of the first I switched over briefly to see what I was avoiding. They had some chick sideline reporter still gushing over the great Barry Bonds. And this was after he K'd on three pitches and we had guys on base.

Vin actually keeps up with what's going on in the game, a simple thing, one would think. He tends to hammer you with stats, but I'll take it over Joe Morgan or Chris Berman any day of the week.

Tonight my options appear to be the Giants' broadcast or ESPN2. As crazy as it sounds, I might try my luck with FSN Gay Area. I think I'd rather watch the Al-Jazeera feed than sit through any ESPN production these days.
    Last edited by Italian Seafood; August 1st, 2007 at 06:49 AM.

Liked
    19656 times
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Joe Morgan is the biggest ****ing douchebag in all of baseball commentating, although the color ******* for the Tigers (I just spent 9 days in Michigan) is trying REAL hard to be Joe Morgan part 2.
    Don't ever call Joe Morgan a color commentator.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Bullets are cheap. Life is priceless.

I get around

Liked
    0 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just another Simers article I recommend.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Jeff Kent, who is almost as old as you can be to still play this game, batted .447 during the month of July and had a monster home run in Houston, so I asked him before Tuesday night's game if he would take a drug test.

He poured out a bottle of water, and then offered to fill it on the spot, but I explained I was concerned about HGH and that would require a blood test.

"How about I fill the bottle and then spit blood in it," Kent said, and I've heard about 'roid rage, but how would you ever tell with Kent?

Kent is batting .305, and at his age and the way things are going these days in baseball, that raises questions, so I went to Barry Bonds, told him what Kent has been doing recently and asked Bonds if he thought Kent should be drug tested?

Bonds looked at me with a dazed look, and it got me wondering if he has ever been drug tested.

I asked about Kent again and told Bonds, "it's not that tough of a question," but he said, "I don't ever answer questions."

Now if you know Kent, he's rough and tough, getting a flat tire on the 210 earlier in the day and changing it himself, skinning his right knee and doing his best with a bum left hamstring.

But when I mentioned HGH, teasing him about doing well and then trying to explain why, which has become baseball's new occupational hazard, he said, "They tell me you have to stick yourself with a needle every week if you're gonna be on that stuff, and I couldn't do that." I thought he was going to cry when he mentioned the idea of sticking himself with a needle every day.

But what about sticking it to Bonds, I wondered. Would he shake Bonds' hand when Bonds approaches second base after hitting the record-breaker?

"No," Kent said, "and that has nothing to do with the person breaking the record. I wouldn't shake his hand out of respect for this game. I don't go behind the batting cage before a game and gab with opposing players. I don't fraternize.

"A few years ago a magazine said I was one of the unfriendliest players in the game, but when a player hits a home run, he is hurting my team. I don't care if it's home run No. 1 or No. 756, it's going to hurt our team and I'm not going to be happy about that."

Bonds and Kent were teammates in San Francisco. They were baseball's most dynamic duo for a period of time, and also infamously at odds.

"We have a professional relationship," Kent said, and for three years now we have talked about just about everything, and given every chance to shred Bonds, Kent has never done so. "We weren't friendly off the field, but we played well together. I don't have any hatred or bitterness toward Barry."

But when Bonds becomes baseball's all-time home run hitter, will the record be tainted? Kent, who has been reluctant to say anything about Bonds recently for fear of it being taken out of context, chose his words carefully.

"I read the book, 'Game of Shadows,' played with Barry for six years and watched his performance for maybe the last 10 years. I'm watching him every day, know all the speculation, the grand jury investigation and I think it's just sad that the major league home run record is going to be broke and there is going to be a shadow of doubt when it's all over."

That's when Kent reached for the bottle once again, and began taking off his pants. It got me to leave, and I thought I might mention it later to Bonds, who is always looking to get rid of reporters, but I've got a feeling no matter what anyone says to Bonds, he's going to remain zipped for the rest of his career.
    I love Jeff Kent.