Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    dl_king_11

The only thing interesting in the Winter Olympics is hockey. I'm far more interested in seeing who is the fastest human being (100m and 200m, etc) than watching [I]curling[/] I can't wait.

Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar

Liked
    90 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Since Tyson Gay is injured there is no competition in the 100m or 200m. Its gonna be Usain Bolt FTW unless he gets injured then its kinda up in the air.

The only reason to watch those events will be to see if Bolt pulls a Derek Redmond*. (Not that I hope he does, mind you... but thats the only way he's gonna lose the 100m.)

*Confess... how many of you had to google Derek Redmond??

Liked
    45 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unruely35 View Post
    The only reason to watch those events will be to see if Bolt pulls a Derek Redmond*. (Not that I hope he does, mind you... but thats the only way he's gonna lose the 100m.)

*Confess... how many of you had to google Derek Redmond??
    Not I, because Visa Olympic commercials are highly informative.

But I'm interested in the summer games, especially the track, soccer, baseball, and basketball.

Thanks for the memories Unruely35's Avatar

Liked
    90 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Yeah, they say "...but he finished" when in reality he was disqualified because his dad helped him. His official place is DNF. So according to the IOC, Visa is Wrong. Dramatic license... even in a commercial.

Liked
    66 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I'll watch Swimming & Track only.

I loathe Selfishball (basketball) and I hope against all hope the mens team goes down in flames.

FlyinKIng

Quote Originally Posted by dl_king_11 View Post
    The only thing interesting in the Winter Olympics is hockey. I'm far more interested in seeing who is the fastest human being (100m and 200m, etc) than watching [I]curling[/] I can't wait.
    And then 6 months later that fastest human tests positive for "performance enhancing" drugs. No thanks. I'd prefer watching curling were the only performance enhancing drug is BEER!

Liked
    1352 times
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)

Ill watch it but as I was thinking about it was reminded of the winter olympics in which I was cheering for the european ski teams over those in the US Ski team. Most of the profiles they did on US Athletes made me think they were complete aholes while some of those competing for europe seemed like 1/2 decent blokes.
    What sets him apart is that he’s big, and he can skate, and he can protect the puck from anyone. If you’re trying to get it and he doesn’t want you to get, you’re not going to. -Justin Williams on Kopitar

Click 4 LGK INTERNET RADIO ARCHIVE

Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i care about the Brazilian synchronized swimming.

that may be about it.

Liked
    8731 times
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)

summer games used to be interesting until the corporates took over and unloaded more commercial minutes upon us than the actual games.

the worst part will be that you will be teased about the upcoming events that you're interested in, all the while they show you something else less interesting for a couple of hours. at showtime, you'll end up seeing only a few minutes of tantalizing action.

that would be when I lose my interest and flip the channels, then forget about the games.

now, winter olympics, please.
    Last edited by BeerMan; August 8th, 2008 at 03:37 PM.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

Liked
    87 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    summer games used to be interesting until the corporates took over and unloaded more commercial minutes upon us than the actual games.

the worst part will be that you will be teased about the upcoming events for a couple of hours, then only see a few minutes of tantalizing action.

that's always when I lose my interest and flip the channels, forgetting about the games.
    Spot on. I actually like watching the actual event, not highlights, so when the networks made the decision to show only what they thought we thought was interesting, well, I lost interest.