Booze All Whiskeys Thread

ucsdguy1

Top Forward
Wasn't sure if the Scotch thread was only scotch or all encompassing...

So after a random FB ad that I swore was probably a scam, I had this shipped to me and absolutely loved it. I've bought 4 more bottles since.

Grace O'Malley Blend_Flatlay_newBottle-2-min.png

Actual description:

Grace O'Malley® Blended Irish Whiskey is a special blend of triple and double distilled malt and grain whiskeys. Unique in Ireland due to its high malt content of 46%, this special blend combines multiple batches of whiskey of varying age statements from three to ten years old.

Each batch of whiskey is aged perfectly in different barrel types including French oak, American oak, and Rum Casks. The resulting blend delivers a whiskey perfectly balanced between fruitiness, age character, complexity and smoothness.

TASTING NOTES
NOSE: Caramel, bourbon vanilla, malty notes, dry almond, orange peel and honey.
PALATE: Smooth with round tannins, well balanced and fruit overtones.
FINISH: Middle Eastern pastry, sweet spice and toasted notes.

It's just smooooth and tasty

Any and all off the beaten path irish recommendations appreciated..

I love Bulleit Whiskey and their Rye Whiskey. Bought a bottle of Kirkland Canadian Whiskey to try. My favorite whiskey is Red Breast.

Wasn't sure if the Scotch thread was only scotch or all encompassing...

So after a random FB ad that I swore was probably a scam, I had this shipped to me and absolutely loved it. I've bought 4 more bottles since.

View attachment 5456

Actual description:

It's just smooooth and tasty

Any and all off the beaten path irish recommendations appreciated..
Hmmm, in my mind's eye either you married a nice Irish woman (lass?) or you're this fun guy. =)

200w.gif

As an aside: I watched "The Banshees of Inisherin" and did not know I liked it until a got three drinks into a hangout sesh with my pals and decided to give a complete synopsis. We laughed so very hard.
1689367603033.jpeg

Hmmm, in my mind's eye either you married a nice Irish woman (lass?) or you're this fun guy. =)

200w.gif

As an aside: I watched "The Banshees of Inisherin" and did not know I liked it until a got three drinks into a hangout sesh with my pals and decided to give a complete synopsis. We laughed so very hard.
View attachment 5463
I still am not sure if I liked Inisherin or was severely depressed by it!

After a few slainte's of the irish though, I find Leap Year is always a good watch. And probably worth a complete synopsis as well..

leap year movie gif.gif

Yes and yes. It was good but also depressing. Knew going in it was going to be slow and sad but dayum, the professor from harry potter coupled with the kid that had the drunk cop dad pushed me past my limit. They both stayed with me too long.

Leap year: He was standing next to her the whole time, even when she was being a total pill. Vola amore. =)

...back on topic
f09bb30b-cedc-43e6-9804-18a77a435a4f_text.gif

Redbreast is great. I got a bottle of the 12 year for my 50th, so it's indeed a special occasion.

Earlier this year, a great friend somehow found an unopened 50y/o bottle of Jim Beam in the garage and gifted it to me. Popped it open around Easter, took a tasting and did I think it aged well? Maybe but it did go down well. JB hasn't been on my radar for quite a while so I'll need to grab a new bottle for comparison's sake. I'm just going to treasure the 50 year old on ultra-special occasions.

In the meantime, Old Grandad's has been my go-to bourbon. Lately it has been unavailable so Buffalo Trace or whatever catches my eye goes home with me. This time is this...

Attachments

• 20230813_150651.jpg
    20230813_150651.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
Redbreast is great. I got a bottle of the 12 year for my 50th, so it's indeed a special occasion.

Earlier this year, a great friend somehow found an unopened 50y/o bottle of Jim Beam in the garage and gifted it to me. Popped it open around Easter, took a tasting and did I think it aged well? Maybe but it did go down well. JB hasn't been on my radar for quite a while so I'll need to grab a new bottle for comparison's sake. I'm just going to treasure the 50 year old on ultra-special occasions.

In the meantime, Old Grandad's has been my go-to bourbon. Lately it has been unavailable so Buffalo Trace or whatever catches my eye goes home with me. This time is this...
I too was gifted a 1950's era Jim Beam in a beautiful decanter bottle. It's not the bottle aging because whiskies don't age in bottle like a wine. But the recipe has changed over the decades. It is like a time capsule. The color is much darker than current JB releases. I haven't done a side by side with the old JB and new editions, but the old is great. I think its high marks are best described by what it doesn't have rather than what it does: it is not overblown by oak influences with too much vanilla, baking spices, etc. I'll have to retaste in short order to recall the particulars, but it was great and a lot of fun to crack open with friends.

Legent is the perfect balance and great for the price.

222689-big.jpg

Back
Top Bottom