***Chicago Blackhawks vs. LA Kings GDT 3/19/24 7:00pm <<EARLY START on BSW***

Hope Turcotte just has a stinger and nothing more. Kid needs some luck with injuries.
I hope so too but it didn't look good with him leaving the bench and unable to get full mobility in the shoulder/arm.

The injury super sucks because there was no need for an aggessive play late in a blowout. Chicago is simply awful. They should just be playing out the string and thinking about golf.

Well only one more cookie night after this, hope they get their sh*t together
They play the Ducks 2x times, San Jose and Chicago to end the season. They've also got 2 against a very beatable Calgary team and should beat Seattle. That being said, the next 6 could be very make or break for them.

They play the Ducks 2x times, San Jose and Chicago to end the season. They've also got 2 against a very beatable Calgary team and should beat Seattle. That being said, the next 6 could be very make or break for them.

Cup is ours! or at least ~8 points.. I know I really really didn't want to but now all I want I think is to play the Oilers. Stars will sweep the floor with us.. (assuming we make it), though the central is in such disarray.. I think we're an OK matchup for anyone besides the Stars and probably the Avs. Consensus seems to be we should just play the Hawks all 4 rounds in the POs and we'll be good. I agree.

Last edited:
Looking at the remaining schedule there’s a real possibility they go some form of 10-5. If they finish the season with 100 points I’d say the regular season was a success all things considered.

I was at Staples for the 2nd time this season. Sat in PR17 so it was cool to see the action "up close".

I don't know any of the Blackhawks.. all I have to say is that Bedard goes down EASY. Anyone that so much as try to make a hockey play near him, he's falling down. He's definitely the next McJesus.

There was a Hawks fan that sat behind me, he complained all game about how the Hawks didn't know how to utilize Bedard's skills. Kept moaning about how they're cycling the puck with no real game plan. He quite with like 10 minutes left in the 3rd. lol

As for the Kings, I thought everyone more or less played fine.
- Englund had one really stupid pass that resulted in a turnover and a high scoring chance for the Hawks.
- Dubois actually looked decent last night. He had a minor stumble early in the 1st when he was trying to play defense on a sort of odd-man rush, but Talbot bailed him out with the save. Outside of that, I have no complaints. This is the kind of game we want him playing NIGHTLY.
- Byfield seems to hustle more than anyone else out there. Dude is great at making sure Kempe and Kopi get their touches.

Cool to see Nyssa and Liz!

Until next time.. whenever that may be lol

Looking at the remaining schedule there’s a real possibility they go some form of 10-5. If they finish the season with 100 points I’d say the regular season was a success all things considered.
It will be fine from the perspective of making the playoffs and dealing with injuries...but a step back as this team was built to be better than the 104 points they achieved last season. At the end of the day, the success or failure of this season will be measured on how well they play in the playoffs.

After the mid-season collapse, it’s a wonder we are even talking about the Kings as a playoff team. Anything over 94 points is a minor miracle.

I didn't notice anything egregious just as normal dumb turnovers?

Yeah, normal "dumb" turnovers, which this team seems to have a lot of

That includes dewy and of course fiala. PLD seems to always have a cpl of soft ones. lucky athanasiou could bury that gift

But gotta credit both fiala and pld as both of their play has gotten better

Yeah, normal "dumb" turnovers, which this team seems to have a lot of

That includes dewy and of course fiala. PLD seems to always have a cpl of soft ones. lucky athanasiou could bury that gift

But gotta credit both fiala and pld as both of their play has gotten better
Actually as a team the Kings aren't that bad at turnovers--close to the top ten at not giving the puck away. A bigger concern is they are dead last in takeaways. I'm not sure how accurate these stats are accumulated but it presents and interesting picture. Yes, Fiala is probably worst at turning over the puck but he's best at takeaways (almost a wash with his turnovers). Both Byfield and Turcotte have outstanding ratios so far. Englund appears to be about where a #6 D should be. I think as fans we tend to see only turnovers, if you watch Fiala closely you can see he is a terrific pickpocket.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom