CTE again?

I just saw this news. I love hockey but it's killing it's enforcers. RIP.

I just saw this news. I love hockey but it's killing it's enforcers. RIP.

Yeah, somethings gotta give. W/O them, you get the fringe guys running around without any regard, but the flipside is players ending up w CTE

Plaintiff # 124 Simon, Christopher ............. in the lawsuit against the NHL regarding concussions.

F* evil Bettman
F* the NHL

Yeah, somethings gotta give. W/O them, you get the fringe guys running around without any regard, but the flipside is players ending up w CTE
Well the game is eliminating the enforcer which to me is a good thing. We still have people like Englund who do fight when needed. But he plays regular shifts. And other guys fight when they need to. But there’s not a group who plays 5 minutes a game & who line up against each other & drop gloves at the faceoff. It’s those guys from the past that seem to be victims of CTE & all the physical & mental problems it brings.

Well the game is eliminating the enforcer which to me is a good thing. We still have people like Englund who do fight when needed. But he plays regular shifts. And other guys fight when they need to. But there’s not a group who plays 5 minutes a game & who line up against each other & drop gloves at the faceoff. It’s those guys from the past that seem to be victims of CTE & all the physical & mental problems it brings.

I hope u r correct and we wont see guys like Englund w these issues.

Hope that Deslaurier, MacD and company will be OK!

Bettman won’t comment on CTE accusation of Chris Simon’s family

After former NHL enforcer Chris Simon reportedly died by suicide at age 52 on Tuesday, his family released a statement to ESPN via his agent, Paul Theofanous, saying, “The family strongly believes and witnessed firsthand, that Chris struggled immensely from CTE which unfortunately resulted in his death.

“We are grieving with the loss of our son, brother, father, partner, teammate and friend. The entire Wawa community is sharing in our grief. We will not be releasing any further details at this time and ask for privacy during this very difficult time. We appreciate everyone who shares in our tragic loss.”

Asked about the statement from the Simon family, Bettman said, “Chris’ passing is tragic, it’s sad. We extend our deepest condolences to his family and friends. On all of these matters, we wait to see what the medical experts tell us. Having said that, I think it’s well-documented all of the progress that we’ve made over the last couple of decades to make the game as safe as possible.”

The NHL has long denied there’s a connection between CTE and repeated blows to the head. That hasn’t changed, Daly said, in a question from Daily Faceoff: “I think the science is still lacking.”

The science is still lacking?!?!?!
No, the truth is that the science does not fit the NHL narrative of putting players through a pummeling meat grinder .....getting their heads smashed....and then when they "surprisingly" have huge mental issues during and after their time in the sport..........end up on the streets, divorced/relationships destroyed , disconnected from friends and family......then even take their own lives........................................................the NHL has "no idea" why that is happening......thoughts and prayers......right?

CYA, insurance. The NHL and every other corporation does it.

Middleton should got an instigator from yesterday's gm. Was a clean hit that Englund laid out. Not a great deterrent but that will help. Also, the announcers were all.over pld for not going w Hartman. After thinking about it, best thing is to hit legally the likes of kaprizov. No need for pld or Englund to fight tinordi. If the other team takes runs, need to answer w same runs instead of fighting the "tuff" guy. That's not sending a msg.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom