Duncan Keith to Oilers

H

hokiecat

Lurker
Amazing that Chicago is able to make a hockey trade out of Keith's strong desire to play in Western Canada. Doubly amazing that they manage to win the deal. Ken Holland continues the tradition of Oilers GMs being complete morons.

Keith for Caleb Jones and a 3rd.

Gives me hope about finding a trading partner for Doughty...

I'm not understanding all the people saying Chicago won this trade, is it cuz the won by dumping Keith? I really never thought much of Caleb.

I'm not understanding all the people saying Chicago won this trade, is it cuz the won by dumping Keith? I really never thought much of Caleb.
Getting rid of Keith for nothing would have been an absolute win for Chicago. He's a defensive disaster at this point in his career and Chicago wanted to get rid of his sizeable salary cap hit. The fact that they actually didn't have to retain any salary and managed to get some assets in return is mind-boggling. Plus Caleb may help them sign Seth. Oilers fans are apoplectic.

Getting rid of Keith for nothing would have been an absolute win for Chicago. He's a defensive disaster at this point in his career and Chicago wanted to get rid of his sizeable salary cap hit. The fact that they actually didn't have to retain any salary and managed to get some assets in return is mind-boggling. Plus Caleb may help them sign Seth. Oilers fans are apoplectic.

I mean dumping salary is dumping salary, I don't know that I'd care too much either way. And as bad as Keith is compared to his former self he might still represent an upgrade to the oils D corps. If Chicago wants to spend the money for Seth id say let em.

Pick upgrades to a 2nd rounder if Edmonton makes it to the Stanley Cup finals and Keith plays top 4 minutes among their d-men in the first 3 rounds.

Chicago also got to throw in the contract of Tim Soderlund, an AHL- ECHL tweener.

I mean dumping salary is dumping salary, I don't know that I'd care too much either way. And as bad as Keith is compared to his former self he might still represent an upgrade to the oils D corps. If Chicago wants to spend the money for Seth id say let em.

Well, it's still very clearly a win from Chicago perspective. Oilers should've gotten him for Caleb Jones straight up...at most. Keith still has 2 years left @5.5 cap hit, which could and most likely will cause trouble for Oilers...and apparently Keith wanted to go there (he has a NMC). So Oilers had even more leverage.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom