***Florida Panthers vs. LA Kings GDT 11/16/23 7:30pm on BSW***

Even post-game is shocked at Fiala tonight. So much they're breaking down his shifts! :mhihi:

I'm no doctor, but I would think if the leg were broken he wouldn't have been able to limp off the ice, even with no weight on it.
Stamkos memory… I am definitely not a doctor.

But it’s pretty cool looking at the standings and seeing the Kings sporting a .700 points percentage 15 games into the season.

Hoping for the best…

Last edited:
Drew has had a pretty spotty game tonight. Mikey has had to bail him out a lot. And that was a pretty lazy penalty. Let’s hope the guys get the kill.
I think it was taking all of Drew's willpower to stick to the system and not go kick the you-know-what out of Tchuky. Mikey was playing very offensively tonight, too - carried the puck deep into the zone quite a few times. Maybe they are experimenting with something a bit different on their pairing?

Well, that felt a lot like early 2000's Kings hockey - except at least this time we weren't just playing the neutral zone trap because we sucked & were hoping to win a 1-0 game. Thought they were gonna play some "Red Rover, Red Rover" a few times in the 2nd period the way both teams were lined up on their blue lines, lol.
That is one of the most "grinding it out" games I have seen in a really long time. Great win over probably the hottest team in the East right now other than Boston. I can see how they won the East last season with that defense-first mentality.
The 4 days' rest was very helpful, it seems. Nice to see the PK clicking (although a few less penalties would have been good!). If we could only get a shot off on the PP once in a while we'd be golden there, too. PP seemed to be a bit of a weakness for the Panthers, too - they're trying to do the "Ovie Thing" with Tchuky parked on the right-wing circle, but the Kings had their number all night & let very few passes get through to him.

Rest up, boys, and keep this home-winning thing going on Saturday!!

A bad PK will lose you more games than a good PP will win, so really glad to see how far the Kings have come short-handed.

Also, Lewis had a great game. Got his stick checks in on the forecheck and broke up several FL plays throughout the game.

Last edited:
Congratulations to our only poster to correctly guess both 1 power play goal would be scored and that the final score would be 2-1:

2 points:
VegasHockey

Everyone else was an or:

1PPG (1 Point):
CIrvine
DRGinLBC
DRice
beedee
Cross Traffic
beadyeye
notbob
waynet
Liz4LA
hornman

2-1 final (1 Point):
jammer06
madness20721

Lots of posters missed out on that missed EN opportunity. Still it was a good win against arguably the toughest team this team will see for a stretch. Again 0.700 hockey against what has been the 3rd toughest is a great thing especially considering that from here on out the schedule becomes the leagues easiest per Doms model:

Screenshot-2023-11-17-at-9.31.07%E2%80%AFAM.png

Now that doesn't mean that points are going to magically accrue, the boys are going to have to do some work to get them. What it does mean is that what they got fixed over these last 4 days is a good first step but they're going to have opportunity to fix the rest and continue to accumulate points.

It’s a 2-1 league, folks.

The Panthers are an excellent team. This was a very good win. The PP looked better and Fiala played like an elite forward. Not much you can ask for. Be responsible and make the smart play. Look for an opening and take home the 2 points.

The Blues are no slouch either. Really hope Dubois isn’t out long term. His line had a handful of very good chances last night.

Lots of posters missed out on that missed EN opportunity. Still it was a good win against arguably the toughest team this team will see for a stretch. Again 0.700 hockey against what has been the 3rd toughest is a great thing especially considering that from here on out the schedule becomes the leagues easiest per Doms model:

Now that doesn't mean that points are going to magically accrue, the boys are going to have to do some work to get them. What it does mean is that what they got fixed over these last 4 days is a good first step but they're going to have opportunity to fix the rest and continue to accumulate points.
That is a great table. We probably have the hardest schedule in the league. Obviously whoever plays SJ and Chicago is going to have a high winning percentage. You get to feast on lottery teams.

The Kings need to take care of business tomorrow night. I'm still miffed that we let Cal and the Flyers get the W. I don't care how great their PK is; we should have gotten 3 out of 4 points against PIT and PHI.

It’s a 2-1 league, folks.

The Panthers are an excellent team. This was a very good win. The PP looked better and Fiala played like an elite forward. Not much you can ask for. Be responsible and make the smart play. Look for an opening and take home the 2 points.

The Blues are no slouch either. Really hope Dubois isn’t out long term. His line had a handful of very good chances last night.
Yep, Florida overcame a slow start and was really rolling. This was a quality win against a team which should go deep into the playoffs again.

Dubois was driving his line last night too. Fingers crossed it is "just" a major thigh bruise and he's back soonish.

Back
Top Bottom