Helene Elliot Leaves LA Times

Wow - didn't realize how many dicks we have on this site.

"crotchety old bitch"?
"thanks for your contributions, Elliot" - when her name is Helene?

She's "only" the first female journalist to be honored by the Hockey Hall of Fame...

Mature of you

I think you're overthinking it.

Wow - didn't realize how many dicks we have on this site.

"crotchety old bitch"?
"thanks for your contributions, Elliot" - when her name is Helene?

She's "only" the first female journalist to be honored by the Hockey Hall of Fame...

Mature of you
I hated Simers too.

And like Helene, I’m entitled to my opinion, even if you think it is wrong or that I’m a “Dick” for having it.

I know she is a legit sports writer and I wish her the best but I haven’t opened a newspaper or visited a paywalled newspaper website in at least a decade. So this news is kind of 🤷‍♂️

Always liked her for being honest about the Kings, even when she had to be negative. She's a great writer and hope that the Kings still get the coverage they deserve.

As for the negativity, tis the nature of the good old internet. The only issue I ever had with her is that she's a Ducks fan.

meh... I never read her articles. The role she held may have been needed 30+ years ago, but now there is more in depth reporting that doesn't need to compete for space on a page. I wish her the best of luck in whatever field she pursues.

I have always enjoyed Helene's articles about the Kings and believe she's an outstanding writer. I was sad to see so many who commented in this thread who seem to have much animosity for her.

Congrats to a HOF career Helene. She was the first writer that I connected to hockey articles, I felt when I heard her name, that I know there was going to be hockey journalism.

I am sorry that the Times is sliding into obscurity.

She was always a Ducks fan, going way back and you could see it in her writing especially when they won the cup first. Begrudgingly wrote about the Kings even when they won 2 cups.

Back
Top Bottom