I was thinking about making a dessert bar recipe

Dr. Tran

Top Forward
For some reason today I thought of a recipe for dessert bars. I would combine melted butter, applesauce, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, rolled oats, & chopped nuts. Then I?d divide the mixture in half & press 1 half into a buttered 8x8 pan. On that layer I?d spread peach jam or preserves, & then carefully press the 2nd layer on top. After that I?d bake it for maybe 10 minutes, & then once it cools I?d spread a mint flavored frosting on top & cut it into 8 bars. It sounds so delicious, I wonder what I should call it? How about Mmmm Peach Mint Bars. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Only one way to find out if it works. But yeah, the mint probably wouldn't do much for me. A more complementary herb would work, but peach/mint seems unlikely to work together. But, as I said, only one way to find out...

Only one way to find out if it works. But yeah, the mint probably wouldn't do much for me. A more complementary herb would work, but peach/mint seems unlikely to work together. But, as I said, only one way to find out...

It goes pretty well with peppermint and/or catmint (or the layperson would refer to it as catnip)...but not so much with spearmint... The disclaimer is a light touch of it goes well...less than 1/4 tsp... I did this in a tea a few times until I hit the right combination...

Back
Top Bottom