GDT ***LA Kings @ Colorado Avalanche GDT 1/26/24 6:00pm on BSW***

Glad I didn't watch this trainwreck today.

Sadly, I still gotta look at it because of course I do.

Staring Taylor Hanson GIF by Hanson

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the 2nd goal scorer of the game would be O'Connor and/or that there would be 2 goals scored in the second frame:

Both (2 points):
randdog
Drum4Pigs
forum gold

O'Connor (1 point):
Rusty

2 goals (1 point):
AngelEyes
SaltyPuck
symbology
Guinevere
beady eye
waynet
KHenry14
Liz4LA
hornman
empire

Being in the Midwest, pregame I took a fair amount of ribbing from my hockey community here. But a certain trend has been identified, they are all riding this kings loss train. Last night at least 3 different guys apologized to me but they're getting rich off this stretch. At least someone is having a good time with it. The break can't come fast enough.

So your plan was bring back the same team that got dog walked by the Oilers the last two years in a row?

Blake wanted a 3rd line C. Vilardi is a RW. He’s not better than Fiala/Moore. He’s not better than Arvidsson and QB was not getting taken off Kopi’s wing. So where was Vilardi supposed to play? And let’s not ignore the fact that Vilardi still hasn’t played more than 63 games in a season.

Iafallo makes 2M more than he’s worth as a player. Meaning to trade him you’re either retaining salary or you’re adding another asset to get rid of him. I’m not sure why everyone who still complaining about the Vilardi trade doesn’t understand that. Iafallo had NEGATIVE value because of his contract. 8M left at the time of the trade. He’s a 4th line winger who can fill in occasionally on lines 1-3 when needed.

Dubois is a 25 goal scorer who stays healthy.
My plan would be to bring back the same team with some tweaks. I certainly wouldn't panic and make a crazy trade swinging for the fences. I think KingsPawn and I were the 2 most vocal critics of the trade in the PLD thread. So yes, I sure as heck wouldn't go all in on PLD. But we had people saying "#1 Centers seldom come available, you have to go all-in when they do". And now we all see why SUPPOSED 1C do end up on the trading block.

You sound like a Blake apologist. It is amazing how every player the Kings dump (Iafallo at 4M who can play on almost any line) is grossly overpaid and has negative value. Yet guys like Antony Beauvillier and others often get traded for middle round picks when teams are looking for a guy who needs a change of scenery. Iafallo is somehow listed a 2nd line player on NHL Line Combinations - Winnipeg Jets. and here: JetsNation Line Combinations And remarkably he is 4th in forwards on ATOI on the Jets. He's a top 9 just like he was in LA.

You did get one thing right, we got a 3C. Too bad we're paying 8.5M for him to get 10 goals and 10 assists in 45+ games. The Kings needed a big body. They didn't need a big body who played small. And certainly not for 8x8.5M. They needed someone like Dave Lowry but ended up paying way more for PLD.

The Kings FA moves have been very good but Blake's trading going back to the Gavrikov deals (very good player but overpayment) has been a mess.

Back
Top Bottom