***LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers GDT 3/30/22 6:30pm on BSW***

Iafallo is never going to play his way out of this slump. Take him off the 1st line and take some of the pressure off.

Is the shootout enough of a thing, and here to stay enough, that as a GM you would actually target some players with that specific skill?

Other than maybe prime Carter, I just can't think of an exciting player we've ever had since the SO became the format.

Iafallo is never going to play his way out of this slump. Take him off the 1st line and take some of the pressure off.

Or at least make sure he never plays in overtime again? Couldn’t believe he was out there. At some point, the guy has to earn his chances. What did he to do to earn being out there in OT.

I've only watched the 3rd but the Kings are outplaying these guys. I can also see why EDM fans would be frustrated with their team. They are getting beaten to the puck most of the time...and they really only have McJesus and Draisitl (sp?) going for them. Great players but it ain't enough. And their problems are more than their goaltending it seems....

jom

I was thinking the same thing. That we?re a better team & all they have is those 2 guys but this isn?t a skills competition. Then we got to the shootout. Those 2 made it look so easy. Kopi does a lot of things well but shootouts isn?t one of them. Especially when he tries the same move over & over again. He either needs to get more moves or else don?t take shootouts. I?m glad we got the point but I wish we?d gotten 2.

Kaliyev should always be one of the first two picked in the SO.

I'm genuinely hoping to see these two teams in a playoff match up. That was a fun game, neither team is without flaw and they both played an invested game. Not pretending that there isn't a chance this kings team could miss the playoffs but if this was a preview, count me in.

I'd love to see the EDM/LAK 1st round match-up, and it's highly probable!

All I keep thinking is how much golden experience this is giving our young D core right now. Bjornfoot was great last night night. Uber aggressive in the corners and so solid on his skates.

Really good athletes only get better under pressure, and we're getting a dose with these kids. Raz was the most noticeable forward last night, and QB looks like he found another gear too. This is all gravy as far as I'm concerned.

GKG!

I'm genuinely hoping to see these two teams in a playoff match up. That was a fun game, neither team is without flaw and they both played an invested game. Not pretending that there isn't a chance this kings team could miss the playoffs but if this was a preview, count me in.

If we can get healthy, I think we'd take them. Right now Edmonton has one player on LTIR (Klefbom) and no one on IR. It's really a compliment to our players to play well against this team on the road under the present circumstances. We'd likely have won if our coach would pull is stubborn head out of his ass and play they players that give us the best chance to win more.

Nice of Seattle to blow their load on Monday in LA and then give Vegas an easy 3-0 win.

Where do you put him though? 4th line? Not like the first line is doing much...not really his fault either. The reality is that when a team struggles to score, pressure is on every line to score. He's pretty much in the same boat, just less minutes on his plate if he's dropped to 3rd or 4th.

Is the shootout enough of a thing, and here to stay enough, that as a GM you would actually target some players with that specific skill?

Other than maybe prime Carter, I just can't think of an exciting player we've ever had since the SO became the format.

Gaborik was pretty good at the SO.

Where do you put him though? 4th line? Not like the first line is doing much...not really his fault either. The reality is that when a team struggles to score, pressure is on every line to score. He's pretty much in the same boat, just less minutes on his plate if he's dropped to 3rd or 4th.

I think the bigger issue is TMac isn't trying anything to get him or that line going.

Having Quick in that shootout was like not having a goalie in net.
ESPN had to have odds of winning the game once it got to shootout at ?zero point zero.?
Over in two seconds.
I have no confidence in Quick least of all in shootouts.
Whenever they do something good and give us hope, he lets one in within five minutes.

The Blues are giving away this game vs the Oilers. 3-1 now with a short handed goal.

Congrats to all these posters who guessed that the Kings would score 9 goals on the roadie (well, including the SO - I need to word these types of questions better to say that a SO goal counts)

interesting that 9 was almost everyone's HIGHEST guess. Ah, the difference 3 games makes....

9 total goals

Rogie-Vachon
DRGinLBC
JayWells24
DRice
hokiecat
beedee
Busted Chops
AngelEyes
randdog
KHenry14
forum gold