Ottawa losing a First Round pick from the Dadonov trade fiasco

hokiecat

Super Star

Crazy. Only in the NHL could there be confusion on what is in a guy's contract. I want to hear the details but it seems like the league is abusing the Senators for their own lameness. Couldn't Vegas read the contract during the year that they had Dadonov? Couldn't there be some actual league-sponsored site like CapFriendly which lists the details on contracts.

I am very interested to see the added details.

Remember when Chicago covered up sexual assault? Wonder what ever happened with that.

Ahh the NHL, where if you "goof" on a contract (because for some reason the information is not readily available?) you get hit hard with forfeit 1st round pick.

Meanwhile if a club covers up sexual abuse for years you just get a fine.
A fine that amounted to less than 1% of the teams estimated revenue for 2021.

Andlauer is calling out the NHL.

Hmmmm......could it be that NHL waited for the close of sale of the franchise to administer "justice" / penalty to maximize and pump up the the sale price?!?!?!?!?!

Burning down the house.......

NHL just can't get out of its own way lately.

Andlauer is calling out the NHL.

Hmmmm......could it be that NHL waited for the close of sale of the franchise to administer "justice" / penalty to maximize and pump up the the sale price?!?!?!?!?!

Burning down the house.......

NHL just can't get out of its own way lately.

I read the article about this in The Athletic and kept waiting for some sort of feedback from Gary and the league but it was just crickets.

I 110% agree with you and Dexter. What the Blackhawks did was inexucusable and they barely got a slap on the wrist. They got to draft Bedard! There's a second lawsuit against the Hawks and Aldrich now (https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/chica...-second-player-for-cover-up-of-sexual-assault) but I doubt the NHL does anything to Chicago.

I am STILL ABSOLUTELY DUMBFOUNDED that the Senators sign a guy in the summer of 2020. They trade him in 2021. Then Vegas tries to sign him in 2022 and suddenly word on the NTC gets out. Do teams not have to share contract info when trades happen? Do I actually get more paperwork from buying a car or even a damn cellphone than the NHL does for players making 15 million over 3 years? And does the league office not have a copy of all the contracts too? When you buy a house or a car, the stuff gets logged with state or county. Again, a contract something with value 10x or 100x higher doesn't get logged into a central database. Apparently the unofficial database in CapFriendly is the most accurate account for the NHL.

The added details on the punishment were more along the lines of "Gary got butthurt because the league looked stupid (because they continue to be a bush league operation) so they fined the heck out of the Senators after an 18 month investigation which wrapped up just after the team was sold to a new owner was not given heads up that he'd be losing a first round pick a month after writing the big check".

Back
Top Bottom